Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s pen pro

(Topic created on: 08-06-2021 09:56 AM)
Barford1011
Navigator
Options
Can anyone tell me when samsung will release the new s pen pro for the s21 ultra. I don't want to go out and purchase the old s pen and then new one comes out.
10 REPLIES 10
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
As far as I know is meant to be " later " this year but don't think an actual release date been given yet
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

I have the S-Pen with the S21 and it does give a lot of functions, so it is not money wasted.   The only thing it doesn't support at the moment I believe, is the "air gestures" and remote control bluetooth function.  

In the meantime, you may be able to get a second hand pen from previous generations of note, or galaxy tab, which should also work with the S21 ultra. 

I bought the S-Pen with the case... and I really like the size as it is more manageable than the smaller Note stylus and better for jotting down longer notes during a meeting.   

My thoughts on a release date for the S-pen Pro... are that the entire electronics world is struggling right now with parts availability, silicon shortages, and generally speaking this is affecting smartphones, PS5, Xbox, Graphics cards and a whole load of other components and electronics. 

Therefore, I would not be surprised if release dates are missed, items do not get into the public domain at a date that they were expecting to.   So I would wait with baited breath...

Personally I will probably buy the S-Pen Pro when it is available, but will wait until a opportune moment when there is a members discount voucher or online sale... i don't wish to pay £50+ for a stylus if it can be helped ! :smiling-face:

Smiley.  

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use the Spen from my s6 lite tab and it works flawlessly so quite happy.
0 Likes
G0UDG
Voyager
Options
no release date yet
0 Likes
Bobbybob10
Apprentice
Options
I'm trying to use s pen in Microsoft applications, but the draw options are greyed out- any ideas please? Also don't seem to have the option to handwrite into emails. Thanks!!
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

We now know the S Pen pro which will work with multiple devices    available from 27 August but can pre order.   Obviously with the bluetooth connectivity  and  the possibility of additional premium features in the future.  However the Air Gestures require a software upgrade.   A bit pricier than I expected though as it retails at £99, have not seen it listed in othee stores yet.  https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra-works-with-an-s-pen-pro-but-what-does-it-... 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/accessories/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
BasBoos
Pioneer
Options

Hi Samsung friends.

I have now the Samsung S Pen pro but how to connect it to mijn Zfold3 ? as i want to use the Air command function.

regards,

Dietmar

0 Likes
BasBoos
Pioneer
Options

found :smiling-face: ... needed some extra software and a update

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A quick guide for the S Pen pro here, it needs to be paired to your Device . Obviously look out for updates.  https://www.samsung.com//SPen Pro 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes