Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S Pen for S21 Ultra, Is it worth it?

(Topic created on: 13-04-2021 06:05 PM)
Thurgood88
Explorer
Options
S Pen for S21 Ultra, is it worth it or not?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

No. (I have one)

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Depends on how you intend using your phone. For example, if you are a self-employed delivery driver, and some deliveries require a signature, the pen will save you having to wipe off grubby finger smudges from the screen, with the added bonus of having a more legible signature. Likewise, if you are in an office environment, where you need to quickly scribble down notes.

If you use your phone for making calls, taking photos, etc (basically, anything that doesn't require a pen), then it is a waste of time, and money.
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Nah, if you need an s pen with your device, just get a Note
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use my s6 tab lite spen on my Ultra and love it.
The bigger tab spen are so nice.
But then I never had a note and the little spen.
Pjc21
Navigator
Options
You can live without one and I don't use mine much..
Having said that, been able to scribble a quick note is nice when needed.

I find my main use of it is when editing pictures or video on the phone.. I like it for that, as I don't currently have a working laptop to do any of that stuff on.

It's not something your average person would use every day, but it depends how you use your device.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
If you glide type or use gestures to navigate I think you might like it, the S Pen has made me capable of writing at least twice as fast with less mistakes as the spacebar was my nemesis before I took up this way of writing and now I rarely have to use the spacebar.

But I enjoy doodling and attempting to create a drawing .

I wish the pen had a few more features though. And if it was maybe an inch or 2 longer I'd be able to grip it better. I just keep it at home and never bought that ugly case. I wish it was neon yellow glow in the dark though because I lose it multiple times a day.

Also if they could make it retractable somehow, perhaps a telescopic mechanism or similar then they could perhaps find space inside to store it again or make it small enough to be stored in the top of a case so it's not embedded in the side as it's so wide.
0 Likes