Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Ringtone volume keeps lowering whenever a phone call is received

(Topic created on: 17-03-2021 06:31 PM)
DirkGently68
Explorer
Options

I hope somebody can help as I'm tearing my hair out with this!

Every time I receive a phone call the ringtone volume sets itself extremely low, I've missed multiple calls because of this.

I can set the ringtone manually to any volume and check it at any time and that is the volume it is set at, but as soon as it rings the volume goes down. I've looked at and changed every setting I can think of but nothing has made a difference yet. The only thing I can do at the moment is rely on vibrate.

Phone is the Galaxy Ultra 5G.

Many thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
DirkGently68
Explorer
Options

Yeah, I guess that is going to be a long and laborious process unless I happen to hit it lucky on the first try or two.

0 Likes
Solution
DirkGently68
Explorer
Options

OK, it seems that it was ESET mobile security causing the problem, it worked perfectly on my old Huawei P30 Pro but since I've removed it on the S21 I've not had the issue. Thanks for your help.

Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
pleased you got it sorted and can now enjoy your phone.
Benjamin007
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem on two Samsung A32's - Culprit was ESET mobile security app. Simply click on CALL FILTER in ESET and disable function. Problem solved. In addition the Call Filter also blocked most of my calls as its default setting is to Block All Numbers Hidden (Most of my Contacts' incoming calls were blocked by Eset).

0 Likes
Beachblues
First Poster
Options

would try wiping the cache partition on your device, give these steps a try: 

This worked for my S 20 Ultra and fixed the low incoming call ring volume.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
3.When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
    An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
5. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
6. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
    When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
7. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes