Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Ringtone volume keeps lowering whenever a phone call is received

(Topic created on: 15-03-2021 08:49 PM)
DirkGently68
Explorer
Options

I hope somebody can help as I'm tearing my hair out with this!

Every time I receive a phone call the ringtone volume sets itself extremely low, I've missed multiple calls because of this.

I can set the ringtone manually to any volume and check it at any time and that is the volume it is set at, but as soon as it rings the volume goes down. I've looked at and changed every setting I can think of but nothing has made a difference yet. The only thing I can do at the moment is rely on vibrate.

Phone is the Galaxy Ultra 5G.

Many thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
this may sound like a silly question but have you tried different ringtones and get the same problem?
DirkGently68
Explorer
Options

OK, just tried changing the ringtone to an MP3. It successfully shows it as changed and plays it at the correct volume in the settings screen, but when I ring the phone, it plays the default ringtone at the ridiculously low volume again.

0 Likes
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
are your ringtones on a SD card? If so, you could transfer one to your phone's internal memory and try that.
0 Likes
DirkGently68
Explorer
Options

Nope, no SD card slot on the S21 Ultra anyway.

0 Likes
Solution
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
didn't explain that very well. when transferring data from an old phone, it does create an internal "external" folder. one option is to see if you have the same issue in Safe Mode. If you don't have the issue, it could be Apo related. Press and hold the Power button and Volume down button (right edge) until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.
Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.
To confirm, tap Safe mode
DirkGently68
Explorer
Options

If I hold power and volume down, after about 10-15 seconds the phone just reboots.

0 Likes
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
when you get the 3 icons: (power off, restart, sos) hold the power off button down
0 Likes
DirkGently68
Explorer
Options

Thanks, got to safe mode and got somebody to ring me and it works fine in that mode.

0 Likes
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
ok. that being the case, it is most probably an app that's causing the issue. Question is which one?