Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringtone volume is too low

(Topic created on: 30-04-2022 02:36 PM)
freeman93
First Poster
Options

My S21 ultra can play music on its speakers incredibly loud yet the ringtone set at 100% is barely a whisper. 

I don't know when this issue started because I usually have it on vibrate/silent, but last night I put my phone on normal mode with the ringer set to 100% and yet when someone called me at 3am because they were in a car accident I couldn't hear it.  They called me 10 times but my phone barely made a whisper.  I can hear the ringtone but it sounds like its at 5% not 100%.  It doesn't matter if I set it to 90 or 100, but the ringtone is very quiet.  

anyone know what the heck is going on? Why would my phone do that?  I've had Android phones since the very first readily available one (the tmobile G1) and the only times I missed an important call was when I stupidly had the phone on silent mode.  but this time its the phone that let me down...I didn't have it set on silent.    
Now I have family members upset at me and I can't trust this phone to do something as simple as RING when someone calls you.  The most basic function that phones have been able to do since the first cell phone came out and samsung has failed.   But hey when I logged into this site the chime that asked if it was me was very loud and clear....so I guess you got something right, just not the basics.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Have you tried a different ringtone? I've found that some are louder than others. 80's Phone is a particularly loud one.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@freeman93: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. Please try heading to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Volume, and make sure that the Ringtone slider is at a suitable level. Now, head to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Call alert and ringtone > Vibrate while ringing > On. The vibration against a flat surface can be quite loud, and can help to alert you to any incoming calls if you're asleep. 

0 Likes
Joe4570
First Poster
Options

And there was the issue, thanks for leading me in the right direction 

0 Likes