Did you mean: 

Ridiculous Camera Lag (again)

(Topic created on: 09-08-2021 05:06 PM)
AlexGuitar94
Journeyman
Options

Hi folks.

Samsung S21+ 5G. 

I'm trying everything i can to minimize the lag on the camera. However, i use it alot for work. Taking pictures of invoices and sending to whatsapp, alongside every day use. It can sometimes take about 30 seconds between taking a photo, closing the app then uploading to Whatsapp. Also the time it takes to load the actual app and take a picture is ridiculous for this phone.

I have enhanced processing turned on to try and help give it a kick. 

Phone is up to date. Is there some fix that people have found that helps

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Have you wiped the phone's cache partition and used the Galaxy App Booster since your last update?

See... https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/wipe-cache-partition-amp-galaxy-app-booster/m-...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
elderflower1234
Explorer
Options
Sorry about your phone problem but it might just be because you use your camera to much and you can try deleting some things in your gallery
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you using the normal 3.4 or the 108MP 3.4?
0 Likes
AlexGuitar94
Journeyman
Options
3:4 64MP. I didn't realise there was a 108MP option?
0 Likes
AlexGuitar94
Journeyman
Options
I've just done this now. Awaiting results.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry the S21 Ultra has the 108 MP .

Maybe try using the normal 3.4 as the higher pixel one might be slowing you down.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would also suggest you just use the camera in the WhatsApp itself if yiu wanna do it faster instead of taking in camera mode and then sharing on WhatsApp.
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

Did you try to update to the latest firmware? If that doesnt help, you can try to reduce animations and see how it performs.

0 Likes