Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rich text.

(Topic created on: 16-03-2021 05:25 PM)
efx
Pathfinder
Options
Is anyone else having problems with rich text in the Samsung app. It was working fine for weeks then a few days ago the rich text option disappeared. Could be a carrier problem or possibly an OS update issue. Not sure which, would appreciate any ideas on a fix. Have contacted carrier (3) and Samsung with no luck.
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm having the same issue had no problem until recently then it just stopped working im with EE hopefully it gets fixed soon
0 Likes
efx
Pathfinder
Options
in that case Rob it doesn't appear to be carrier issue as I'm on three. I know at least another 2 people both on 3 that have the same issue. I hope the moderator sees this and passes it on for a fix.
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi all just wondering are you all using google messages or the native Samsung messages?
Or is it effecting both Samsung & google messages?
0 Likes
efx
Pathfinder
Options
seems to be both for me. tried Google messages after Samsung app. wouldn't work. both not working.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Send an error log to samsung. When they see its an issue that more people are having they may fix it. It stopped working for me on 2nd Jan. Note 20 ultra. I'm with EE who sent me a new sim, didn't fix. Factory reset didn't fix. EE in the end changed my phone number, said it was last option. It worked for 8 days then stopped. few weeks back I finally connected to Google. It worked for a few days until I set samsung to default. chat was not working. went back to Google which won't verify my number again. My last error log they told me to contact my network again. Its not the network. I'm sure of it.
0 Likes
efx
Pathfinder
Options
yes, I'm finding Google won't verify too. will give the error log a try thank you.
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
I don't think this is the cause of these problems but if you switch between the Messages apps, expect it to take 8 days for RCS to work from the last time you tried to register. Don't keep trying. I think the two apps kind of conflict. Slow hands clap Samsung...
0 Likes
efx
Pathfinder
Options
possibly, but I hadn't changed the app. when it stopped working. it's worth considering though.
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I have just sent an error report to samsung a hope they fix it soon the more people that sent reports and complain the more they will do something about it
0 Likes