Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rich communications

(Topic created on: 20-02-2021 11:34 PM)
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Does anyone know away around to get Rich Communication working?? I have it switched on but its not converting my messages to chat.. tried clearing  messages cache and data does still showing its on but just not changing sms to chat.
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Same issue. Only option to try is to reset data and then don't try RCS registration for over 8 days. If that fails then speak to your carrier maybe?
Laurac84
Pathfinder
Options
silly question but does the person your trying to send msgs too have it switched on? if not it doesn't work so just sends as a normal text msg.
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
hi thanks for your reply. I have tried both Samsung messages and Google messages and both don't work google keeps asking me to verify with my number which I have done so many times and Samsung messages shows me with it switched on but just not letting me change sms to chat just wondering if one ui 3.1 is not fully supporting it yet..
0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
hi thanks for your reply... Yes I did set it up on both my wife and daughters phones and we are all on same network im just wondering if the one ui 3.1 not supporting it just yet.
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Only possible solution I've read about is to stop trying to register for 8 days. This means resetting data on Messages app plus not trying, even once, to register for chat.
Not sure it'll fix this problem but it's worth a try?
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
yeah I did read that for some it worked and for others it didn't i will give it ago and see what happens. thanks for your time.
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
just I thought I let you know but I went into my Google account clicked on personal info then scrolled down to my number clicked that and it says my number has been verified but it also says Google is still verifying it and can take awhile. so im kinda stumped on that one but thought you might need to check yours.
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
I think that's part of an unrelated process/thing. Might be wrong.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi all, I just checked & it seems after the latest software update that chat messages is working again, I haven't tried the Google messages.