Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement phone

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 03:32 PM)
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
Hi, I have just recently discussed over the phone with a lady from Samsung. I informed her that my s21ultra overheats terribly while using the camera and I would like a replacement to be sent.
The lady stated that she will arrange for a courier to collect the phone and after the phone reaches the warehouse and is being checked, only then I can get another phone.
My answer was, what I will do in the meantime? Will I stay without a phone, just because my new phone has a problem that is not new and I paid a lot of money?
The lady stated that she will speak with her manager and I will get a result in 24-48 hours.

Do you guys know if they never exange the phone in the same day?
31 REPLIES 31
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
funny fact with the charger: the phone came on Thursday and the charger next day:| how is that even possible?
Raz77
Student
Options

I also received my S21 Ultra on Wednesday and if I keep the camera on for 5-7 mins and record a vid or take pics, it heats up to the point where you can fry eggs on the back of the phone. Then, you get the warning message that phone needs to cool down. I spoke to Samsung today and courier is coming Monday to collect and send me a replacement. I really hope that the new replacement will work fine and not heat as much. The whole process should take around 10 working days. Fingers crossed!

0 Likes
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
in my case I bought a separate charger and it all came in the same box!
In your case I think someone didn't manage to drink their coffee in that morning 😂
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
yes that is true, and that is exactly what I said about the overheating problem 😂 tomorrow I will my phone instead of a pan😂
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
this definitely might be the case😁
Raz77
Student
Options

In terms of camera quality, my gf's S21+ camera is much sharper and less blurry and no heating issue. Luckily i can keep my trade in S10+ as I haven't sent it in and Trade In team arranged for me to keep it till replacement arrives...

M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
I am coming with, another update.
After multiple phone calls and chats,emails I still haven't received the replacement phone.
it has been 9 business days now. When I called them on 8th day, they said that they need to check the stock and bla bla bla.
Guys, piece of advice, if you need a replacement, ask for a refund and order another one, as this process is faster.
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
Turns out they have the option to do an exchange, however they weren't honest about it 3 weeks ago.

Screenshot_20210227-113439_Gmail.jpg

Snapper99
Voyager
Options

Same issue here, it's now 18 working days since the phone (S21 Ultra (512GB) Phantom Black) was collected, received into the warehouse and replacement agreed with a 3 to 5 day turnaround.

To date, despite many phone calls and emails No Phone.

When I call I am given the 'out of stock' line even though I also get the 'now in stock' notification from the online shop....

What a way to treat a customer. And yes, I do get the 'working from home' and the covid thing. Have done all along 

Current Phone S23 Ultra (1TB)
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
Call them again and be furios and say that this is not normal to wait so long for a phone which you have paid.
Ask them to give you the silver until they have the black in stock.(this is what I have done) I am using the silver now, it is not that bad honestly.
this phone has the same issue with getting hot while zooming on camera.
I guess is their new processor and cooling system, otherwise the phone is good.
Warn them that you will be going to Apple😂
0 Likes