Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement phone

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 03:32 PM)
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
Hi, I have just recently discussed over the phone with a lady from Samsung. I informed her that my s21ultra overheats terribly while using the camera and I would like a replacement to be sent.
The lady stated that she will arrange for a courier to collect the phone and after the phone reaches the warehouse and is being checked, only then I can get another phone.
My answer was, what I will do in the meantime? Will I stay without a phone, just because my new phone has a problem that is not new and I paid a lot of money?
The lady stated that she will speak with her manager and I will get a result in 24-48 hours.

Do you guys know if they never exange the phone in the same day?
31 REPLIES 31
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
the issue I think comes from the cooling system of the processor.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I am just saying it may be a reason.
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
I don't really realise because I am working on the front line as a Nurse.
Sorry
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
True but I did ask to establish facts.
0 Likes
Notamech
Voyager
Options
I suspected I had a faulty unit too because of poor camera quality and when I called Samsung and asked they told me the exact same thing. I had the same question... What about my data? They said just use your old phone. So i decided to return it for a refund.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ashley88 @M3st3ru     Samsung actually do have a Door Repair service even if not quite the same as a Replacement.  https://samsungrepair.com/    obviously the Covid restrictions have slowed things down.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

MDaiana
Navigator
Options
I have the same problem but with the s21, I wanted a replacement because of its camera issue and they told me exactly what they told you. So I decided to do something else. I ordered another phone and after it will arrive I will send this one back and wait for a refund. it's not nice especially when you don't have money, but I'm really tired of live chats and phone calls with them so this was the only solution.
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
actually I looked carefully and it seems that my s21ultra's camera is doing poor photos. when I zoom in the quality is lower than my s10+, and they are saying 108mpx...
0 Likes
Notamech
Voyager
Options
Absolutely the exact reason for which I returned mine. Read the forums here and on xda developers it's not just you and me. Several people have come forward with the same complaint. I came from a note 9, I did a side by side comparison of the cameras and the note 9 takes sharper images see the discussion here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/camera-performance.4227097/page-5 I posted some side by side shots. Not just the main camera even the 10x optical zoom was a let down. The only reason to get this phone in my opinion is for the 120hz screen or if you need the processing power for games. Else I would say save your money, stick with your s10 and see what else comes out this year. Especially if you plan to stick with the phone you buy for two years no point paying such a high price for something you will be unhappy with. That being said if you can ignore the camera or are willing to wait for Samsung to fix things with software updates then it's a good phone.
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
I will call them tomorrow to see if they can send a courier to pick up this phone.
it's a shame that for so much money you get so many issues. They couldn't put a bloody charger in the box.
Maybe the Covid19 affected Samsung also.

0 Likes