Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement phone

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 03:56 PM)
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
Hi, I have just recently discussed over the phone with a lady from Samsung. I informed her that my s21ultra overheats terribly while using the camera and I would like a replacement to be sent.
The lady stated that she will arrange for a courier to collect the phone and after the phone reaches the warehouse and is being checked, only then I can get another phone.
My answer was, what I will do in the meantime? Will I stay without a phone, just because my new phone has a problem that is not new and I paid a lot of money?
The lady stated that she will speak with her manager and I will get a result in 24-48 hours.

Do you guys know if they never exange the phone in the same day?
31 REPLIES 31
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is standard practice for any retailer, not a lot you can do. Don't you have your previous phone to use for a few days?
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
he probably traded it in because he would have mentioned if he had his old phone.
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
yes I do, but my frustration comes from the fact that I contacted them after 3 days by sending an email and nobody answered. After numerous attempts via chat and finally I had to call them.
if a problem occurs after the 28 days from purchase date then I understand to go through normal warranty process, however, now I can easily ask for refund and they can lose another customer.🙄
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Think @M3st3ru  concerned about the overheating issue  (but as far as I know it is a camera issue).     However unfortunately retailers unlikely just to take it on trust  without checking first.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You realise there's a lockdown? Things are taking longer because of staff working from home. It's not ideal but these are difficult times. I thought you might understand.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Never make assumptions as invariably they are incorrect (as in this instance).
0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
There are retailers that do an exchange at your door, even for smartphones, but unfortunately is seems Samsung aren't one of them 😕 push it a little and see if they can make an exception, if it becomes more widespread it will hit the media and they will likely offer better customer friendly solutions. best of luck buddy.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
standard practice unfortunately, it's sucks because it's samsungs fault but they have to check something is wrong with the phone and that there is no damage to protect them selves. imagine how many people will abuse the system if not.
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
thanks mate, let's see what happens :smiling-face:
0 Likes