Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove WiFi calling notification

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 06:59 PM)
Bizzyman
Explorer
Options
Samsung, please give us the option to hide this permanent nofication when wifi calling is active: "IMS Service WiFi Call"
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sadly I can't get Wi-Fi Calling on my phone's due to this not being available on the tariffs I use however you may find some help in one of the Samsung Goodlock Plug In's and or a launcher such as Nova Prime @Bizzyman 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Bizzyman
Explorer
Options
I am using goodlock but unfortunately can't find any options to hide this specific notification. As far as launcher goes, I like OneUI a lot so that's not possible for me, thanks for your comment though!
NinjaRanga
Voyager
Options
You can do it with the Good Lock app called QuickStar. The Visibility of Indicators section allows you to turn off IMS network icons along with loads of others.
0 Likes
Bizzyman
Explorer
Options
Sorry I should have mentioned, I already have this installed and visibility icons turned off. This stops the icons showing up in my status bar, but doesn't stop the notification
0 Likes
NinjaRanga
Voyager
Options
Ah! Sorry, I misunderstood! Can't say I've ever seen that notification but it would seem sensible to be able to hide it if you can hide the icon.
0 Likes
JuanMarco1988
First Poster
Options
I have this same problem on my new Fold Z5. Has anyone had any luck in fixing this. Can't believe Samsung have stayed quiet on this. Seems to be an issue on a number of their devices going back to the S8!
0 Likes
joe-90
Journeyman
Options

Try this: phone-settings-Wi-Fi calling-off. Restart, and 'phone should complete update. Then enable Wi-Fi calling and restart. It seems to be associated with changing a SIM card after an update.

0 Likes