Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remotely Control S21 Ultra's Camera

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 09:29 PM)
Williams201284
Apprentice
Options

Hi community,

Ive recently purchased the s21 ultra and love the camera and was thinking of using it for work. I work for an estate agents and have ordered a tripod for the phone, but I was thinking is there a way to remotely take a photo without me being in a room (whilst the phone it close up against the corner of a room). I don't mean me waving or palming the cam then running off but more maybe control it from another phone so using that as a view finder? Or maybe some other device like a clicker but definitely would prefer a way or remotely seeing the cameras view so I could change settings in Pro Mode whilst it's set up in its position.

Any ideas or help welcome, interested to hear from the Samsung community.

Thanks 😀

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
SamWilliams
Pioneer
Options
Go on camera>settings left top of screen>scroll down to shooting method>voice commands. Hope that helps/works for youScreenshot_20210723-022523_Camera_4512.jpgScreenshot_20210723-022537_Camera_4514.jpgScreenshot_20210723-022548_Camera_4516.jpgScreenshot_20210723-022502_Camera.jpg
SamWilliams
Pioneer
Options
Or maybe put the phone where you need to and just set a 10 seconds timer so you got enough time to leave the room
Ragety
Pioneer
Options
Use a Google wear watch with a camera app. You can see yourself or whatever on the watch screen and take a picture. The down side is you can't use all the zoom functions and settings through the app. (Samsung watches might be better? But no experience of them)
Williams201284
Apprentice
Options

All good ideas but I can't really see the setup/view as I need to set up against a wall or right in the corner of a room. I get I could do a timer but I don't particularly want to run out of the room or shout to take a photo. I was hoping I could use a second photo or a laptop to control the phone almost like a screen share perhaps?

0 Likes
Williams201284
Apprentice
Options

Not a bad idea, I've got the Amazfit GRS watch, hoping to be able to screen share or remote control the phone from a laptop?

0 Likes
Johnno115
Apprentice
Options
I'm looking for similar functions for night sky photo taking shame there isn't something like team viewer that you get for computers .
Johnno115
Apprentice
Options
Download team viewer from play store then within the app download quicksupport from there you get a id number to send to the device you want to use as a remote . Do this on both devices then you can use either device as a remote .
Johnno115
Apprentice
Options
Haven't tried this were there's no WiFi yet so maybe have to turn on hotspot on main phone with data connection and share it with remote phone .
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
I bought a natty little Bluetooth remote shutter activator on ebay. Cost about £5 and works perfectly. There are loads to choose from.