Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Region-lock? Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 30-04-2021 06:26 PM)
Parelius
Student
Options

Hi!

My S10 Plus just got destroyed, and I was going to buy a S21 Ultra here in Norway, where Im from.

In my research i found that the american Snapdragon 888 chipset is way better than the in house made Exynos 2100, and i would like to buy a Snapdragon phone instead.
I was looking through the USA Amazon, and found a Factory Unlocked Galaxy S21 Ultra for even CHEAPER than in Norway, and thats including import taxes! 

So my questions are:

1. Is it possible to use a Norwegian sim-card without any issues on this Factory Unlocked S21 Ultra?
  2. Are there any kinds of region-locks on the us S21 Ultra?
  3. Would there be any kinds of other issues if i bought it to use in Norway/EU?

Thank you! ❤️

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Parelius: Hi there. Please be aware that a Galaxy S21 that is intended for use in the USA will be locked to that region, and won't work with Norwegian network SIMs. The only way around this would be to make a 5-10 minute cumulative call to a local number inside the US, using a SIM card from that region, however it's unlikely that you'll be able to arrange this with the seller. To avoid any issues, I'd recommend spending the extra cash and purchasing the S21 Ultra from a reputable retailer inside Norway. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Parelius: Hi there. Please be aware that a Galaxy S21 that is intended for use in the USA will be locked to that region, and won't work with Norwegian network SIMs. The only way around this would be to make a 5-10 minute cumulative call to a local number inside the US, using a SIM card from that region, however it's unlikely that you'll be able to arrange this with the seller. To avoid any issues, I'd recommend spending the extra cash and purchasing the S21 Ultra from a reputable retailer inside Norway. 

0 Likes
Parelius
Student
Options

Ok thank you for the fast answer! <33333

0 Likes