Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh Rate

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 06:40 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I've seen a lot of different smartphone companies give us multiple options regarding the display refresh rate, but Samsung is either 60hz or 120hz. Why can't they add 90hz too for those who want to save a little battery and still get smoother visuals, hopefully Android 13 introduces this!!! 

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@adamlee: I suppose the logic behind the Adaptive refresh rate in Settings > Display > Motion Smoothness, is that it automates the necessary refresh rate depending on which apps you're using, so its consistently smooth. If the options reflected the ones in your screenshot above, and you set it to Medium (90hz) then you would need to manually adjust it, should you require a higher refresh rate. Similarly, setting it to High would use more battery when 120 hz may not be required. I completely agree with you that including more options would be helpful to some, but it could be argued that the Adaptive refresh rate is a bit more user-friendly, due to the automated approach. 

adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I see where you are coming from but the 90hz option could also be adaptive. There's apps you can use to set the refesh rate to 90hz adaptive well 96hz to be precise but I'd rather Samsung implement it in the settings. This quick settings app does an amazing job. But we shouldn't have to rely on 3rd party apps to perform the simplest of tasks. 😅Screenshot_20220524-185421_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Hi, what's that app? 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes