Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reception problems

(Topic created on: 10-07-2021 09:58 PM)
Mick876
Apprentice
Options
Hi, 
I owe an S21 5g and soon realized that the signal strength on this device is dreadful. Using 2 sims (1 physical, 1 esim at the same time, eSim is 5g ready) and I noticed if the data sim (eSim in this case) has only 2g/3g auto setup instead of 5g/4g... auto, the signal bars are full! Of course in this case I receive very low broadband speeds but at least the reception is excellent. When I switch back to 5g/4g... on eSim, immediately drops to 1-2 bars. Everywhere! So it doea not depend on location.
My provider is Vodafone UK, and before so.eone says I checked the sims on my Huawei P20 pro which has excellent reception on every band. So what do you think, is Samsung able to fix this issue via software update or this is a permanent hardware issue?
6 REPLIES 6
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
It could be an issue with the phone itself, it could be a hardware issue my advice contact samsung and explain it to them I hope you get this all sorted
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Or it could be a well known issue that Samsung are trying to simply ignore...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/4g-performance-on-exynos-s21-ultra-is-waaayyy-...
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
I believe that it is down to bad quality control and some whole batches are faulty.

I do believe some people don't see these issues because they are in strong signal areas.
sufisticdesignz
Explorer
Options
Hey @Mick876 - I was also having the same issues with network connectivity on my S21 Ultra using the Vodafone UK network.

Please create a new APN profile and use the settings as showcased in the screenshot.

Reboot your phone and network connectivity should be more stable. It has been stable for me so far.Screenshot_20210712-175414_Settings_16117.jpg
0 Likes
Members_8kmvXpu
First Poster
Options

I've got 2 s21 at home. Both with 1-2 bars while I had max on my s8. Speedtest has gone down as well. I've never had under 10mb/s before. Normally 40 to 70mb/s on s8. Its a joke now. 

Also I use Internet radio on my regular route in my car. Signal was dropping at 1 place on s8. Now my Internet radio is basically unusable.

Members_lKYW0TE
Student
Options

Hello everyone,

I don't know it this will work for you, but for me it did the trick:

In the APN settings, enter the Bearer option and uncheck everything, check check only LTE.

Save, reboot and check.

It upped my bars from 1 to 3 on 4G Orange România.

Let me know if it did any change with your reception.

Regards,

Dorin

0 Likes