Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Samsung?? (Just a fun post, nothing serious)

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 03:12 PM)
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
Am I the only one finding this as an evil joke Samsung is playing on us for buying a S21U or any other device without said same built in?

10 REPLIES 10
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
what on earth where did that come from that's odd menu layout
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
backup and restore settings menu on the S21U. I just cropped the photo
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
oh hahahaha for a minute I was like whaaat🤣🤣 surely isn't it backed up to Samsung that's a bit dome cos it is usually backed up to Samsung account and then all Google settings to Google account u back up
0 Likes
pigeonfly
Navigator
Options
that is weird 😕lol 😆
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
I had to take a double take, the preview menu for this screen doesn't show the SD card part lol, opened it up and voila
Vetri
Voyager
Options
😂
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Although you can't physically insert an SD Card into the phone, you still can connect one. It's more apt to the menu name "External storage transfer".
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Where in my post have I made you think I hadn't taken it lightly? It seems one of us has overreacted.

The part about most people are aware of adapters is debatable. I've actually seen and read more evidence to the contrary but me laying it out there doesn't hurt does it?
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
I'm going to delete that as it's 4 am.

its a joke and the wording is seriously a sharp reminder to what we don't get for £1.349 which BTW is significantly above the usual pro models not including apple or brand new designs like a fold with the understanding in price increase due to.. well you get my point.

I was trying to say, no sd, no Jack, no charger, no headphones, no support for the thousands of devices currently not lasting past 2 hrs in battery, everyone gets told VERY different things.

and if they remove all of the above then place this for all to see in in software easily accessible, it's either a trolling or mistake, that either way means carrying more stuff around or fiddling with which so many are against.

and no, you're right, making people aware is a good thing, my only suggestion would be to include a solid brand reasonably priced example alongside the comment ^^

I mean come on, samsung has taken all those features away and given us a flagship with a slower chip than the US model yet again and charge us more, as well as having both national and attempted international adverts on TV directly trolling apple with wrong information provided all the way through.

1350 quid is a large sum, if they have to use saving the planet as an excuse. they could at least offer those who might come from Ios or anyone with brick of 2.4a or less from previous device a free one like they have done in other countries.

launch price wise, we are ahead with a 100 pound increase in launch price for the lowest model which is quite honestly a ripoff (S21 basic)

S21 starting at 769.00 factor in at least an extra 17 quid iirc for the cheapest 15w(past I checked) "fast charger" alongside the 1149 to 1349 for the ultra.

it IS quite frankly a joke.

anyway, off to work lol, have a good day buddy

edit for context on launch vs removals and what you get;

The OnePlus 8 Pro price starts at $899 / £799 with more features than the S21 basic. it's also 600 pounds cheaper. they have the OP9P coming shortly to compete with samsungs 1149 S21U starting price. and going up in a heavy that 4 to 600 pounds can get you a better device, accessories and probably a charger too :winking-face: whilst still saving.

I love samsung always have. but this is android , you can't pull an apple stunt unless you have something unique, and all the ultra has primarily Unique exists better on other devices aside from the Cameras but I'd argue those too for different reasons that they have slowly started to fix :smiling-face: