Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS chat unusable

(Topic created on: 27-03-2022 10:04 AM)
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
Tried using chat features for several months. My conclusion is that Google need to sort it out urgently. I keep missing messages. Messages won't send. I've finally decided to revert to SMS only. If this was Apple iMessage having issues it would be sorted. 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Motty2012: Are you currently using the Google Messages app? If so, can you try switching to Samsung Messages to see if you notice an improvement to your RCS Chat functionality? First of all, head to Settings > Apps > Choose Default Apps > SMS app > Messages. Now, go to Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Rich Communications, and toggle this option on. Open the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Features > On > If A Chat Isn't Delivered > Resend as a text or multimedia message > Default Message Type > Automatic. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

No issues whatsoever with either Samsung Messages or Google Messages. Ensure that your app has Unrestricted usage in...

Settings > Apps > Messages > Battery

Messages battery_Settings.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
allahrakah
First Poster
Options
Hello
0 Likes
DFW1
Pioneer
Options
None here also on S21 u.i 4 1, if fact I would say Google messages with ui interface is working better than ever since last few updates, I would say the plan is to drop Samsung message app in time. Its about time rcs talked to imessage, maybe in time..
0 Likes
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
Hi thanks for your help. I have done all that.
0 Likes
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks pal. I've checked that. It's an issue after my wife's number was ported from Voda to O2. Encryption codes no longer matching. Total and utter lash up.
0 Likes