Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS Chat function not working

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 12:03 AM)
S786
Voyager
Options
So i cant seem to get Chat to work within stock messaging app. Works fine on Google messaging but not on Samsung.
13 REPLIES 13
INTRASERVER
Pathfinder
Options
May I ask you what carrier do you have? When you switch Messages app you have to select as default. What does it shows in the Samsung Messages > Settings? Is there option Chat Settings?
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
S786
Voyager
Options
Im on Three. I have samsung set as default. When i go settings on messaging app to enable chat its greyed out. Sometimes its there and when i press it asks to enable but then says failed few seconds later.
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi go to settings then connections & then more connection settings & make sure rich communications is on when using Samsung messages.
Hope this helps.
0 Likes
S786
Voyager
Options
Yeah ive checked that. Its enabled. Thanks anyway
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
OK & you're welcome.
0 Likes
Folacks
Explorer
Options

I am having the same issue.

I had a samsung s10 on giffgaff and all worked fine. I upgraded to s10+ and the chat feature is not an option at all on the message setting. Stock samsung is my default message app. I downloaded google message to test. The chat feature is there but I cant get past verify phone number. It verifies it but gets stuck on "setting up".

0 Likes
S786
Voyager
Options
Strange. Maybe clear google messages cache and try again
0 Likes
Folacks
Explorer
Options

It was my first time of installing google messages that it occurred. Uninstalled and reinstalled again and dsme thing. Ive given up 🤣🤣

0 Likes
Folacks
Explorer
Options

I just went back to check and it is now connected (on google message). But no option to turn on chat features on stock samsung message.

Having read through the forum topics it seems rcs messaging on samsung s series is very erratic indeed anyway.