Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly restarts

(Topic created on: 06-04-2022 07:35 AM)
Smudge1969
First Poster
Options
My S21 is randomly restarting itself, seriously getting on my nerves now,  seriously thinking of getting an iphone
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you tried any self help troubleshooting guides @Smudge1969 

If not may I suggest the following routes 😎

> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ will help to highlight if an app or theme etc is potentially causing issues. 

> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your earphones to enter into recovery mode. 

> As a last resort back up and factory reset.

> Diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members app under the GetHelp section may highlight an issue.

> A Samsung Service Centre can check out the phone.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ArnieG
First Poster
Options
Same with my s20
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good @ArnieG 

Have you tried the above self help troubleshooting tips I've mentioned ?

If so can you let a Samsung Service Centre take a look at your phone ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ojha
Student
Options
My s22 ultra does same ...three weeks and can't get through to online sales team...it days they are extremely busy at 5 am, 12am and 3 am ....its customer service at its worst I have seen ...I have been calling them everyday ..I can get through tech support but not to others as they don't want to exchange or repair their products .what a waste of money and time .my battery on s22 ultra lasts 5 hours ..their tech team remotely tried to fix it and couldn't..
Hyper_hybrid
First Poster
Options

I thought I was losing my mind, like....there is no way my phone constantly resets every morning at 5am, which is very unhelpful because that's when my alarm to get up for work goes off. Granted mine is an s20, but seems like that's not the issue anymore. 

0 Likes
robbedhondt
Journeyman
Options

I AM CLEARLY NOT THE ONLY ONE

I bought a samsung galaxy s21 fe 5g at Elgiganten, Stockholm. After a few weeks, I started having issues with the phone freezing and restarting.

After trying to find a solution myself (Clearing cache, factory reset, ... nothing worked) I was suggested to send the phone to a service center by Elgiganten. After 2 weeks, the phone was returned and they stated they did a factory reset and nothing was wrong with the phone. They also said not to use the transfer of apps from my old phone (which I didn't do in the first place). After using it for a couple of days, the same issues appeared. Freezing, restarting, up to 5-10 times a day.

I filed a lot of errors in the Samsung Members app, they replied "Based on the information in the submitted error report, it is demonstrated that there is a perceived hardware error on the device. In these cases, you, unfortunately, need to visit the nearest service workshop to have a service technician look at the device. You can either contact mcare sweden directly or contact the retailers who offer service to a certain extent."

So, I went to mcare, who told me the only thing they can do is do a factory reset, run some videos and see if the errors appear. They don't have access to the Error reports I have been filing to the Samsung Members app. If they don't find anything "wrong" after the factory reset + running videos, they could not help me AND I would have to pay for this "Service". I didn't want to risk this (after the first service center claimed nothing was wrong), so I tried a factory reset at home, ran videos for a couple of days and nothing happened to the phone. I thought, ok, maybe it is fixed (for some weird reason). But as soon as I log in to my google account; install some of apps, the phone is again unworkable. Same issue: freezing and restarting

I CAN NOT USE THIS PHONE. SOMETIMES IT'S STUCK IN LOOPS OF FREEZING AND RESTARTING FOR 30 MINUTES OR MORE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME ISSUE AGAIN A FEW HOURS LATER.

How is it possible that you know and confirmed there is something wrong with my phone, and you don't want to help me. 

I can't do anything with this phone and you and your partnered service center (who for some weird reason don't have access to your error reports?!) are not doing anything. Horrible service!

0 Likes