Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly loosing connection on Whatsapp WEB when S21 Ultra is locked

(Topic created on: 18-03-2021 02:28 PM)
Lautaro Gatti
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I've bought a new Samsung S21 Ultra and i've been having this issue where i cant send or receive message in the whatsapp Web due to the phone "loosing" connection or something when its locked. 

It only happens when i lock my samsung, and its random, as sometimes whatsapp web works fine and suddenly stops working and i get the little time image on the messages, and all of the sudden it works again and all the messages get sent and i receive the ones pending. Also if i unlock my phone then automatically starts working again.

Has someone had this issue and knows how to solve it?

Thanks

28 REPLIES 28
Thomas_lad
Journeyman
Options

Just an update on my findings.  Ive found that it is only when my screen goes off that the connection fails.  if i wake my screen again (not unlock - just turn the screen on) then the connection to WhatsApp Web works again.

Has anyone figured out WhatsAppening here?

JuanNewroX
First Poster
Options

Was anyone able to solve the problem? I have the same problem 

0 Likes
Thomas_lad
Journeyman
Options

Nope, haven't had any joy here.  although def a battery optimisation thing i believe as it doesn't happen when i have my phone on charge

0 Likes
Mirkinen
Explorer
Options

Only happens on data and unplugged. If the phone is under charge or wifi it works fine.

Thomas_lad
Journeyman
Options
Agreed, this is when it happens to me, I haven't tried it unplugged with WiFi though as I don't have it in work
0 Likes
Thomas_lad
Journeyman
Options

Anyone have any joy with finding a solution?  This is really peeving me off now.

Thomas

0 Likes
BrunoMoreno
First Poster
Options

Ive been long frustrated by this issue and seems like the process is two step. 

1.  in whatsapp app info - Disable battery optimization 

2. Disable adaptive battery. 

From what I gathered if you are on a wifi network seems to work better. 

Hope this helps. 

Bruno 

Shahed Mehbub
First Poster
Options

For me it was the WiFi settings itself. You have to first check if the the WiFi is set as metered or unmetered. 

 You can see it from the below image that my WiFi is set unmetered. Since then i'm not facing the problem.

211924506_246016383688705_3732407077541139017_n.jpg

To set your WiFi network as unmetered, Tap on the gear icon of the connected WiFi -> Advanced -> Metered Network -> Treat as unmetered

This should solve the problem. Also turn your Adaptive Battery Settings off to have better experience. 

0 Likes
coolbreeze1
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for this. I already had WhatsApp & WhatsApp Business added to the

Settings/Battery/Battery/Background Usage Limits/Never Sleeping Apps

list (Galaxy S10e on Android 11), yet still it would infuriatingly not let me send messages from my PC on random occasions. 

Then your post made me look again at

Settings/Apps/Special Access/Optimise Battery Usage/All 

Lo and behold I found WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business in the list of optimised apps. Along with Google Contacts Sync which explains why my contacts would never sync promptly or unless I forced a manual sync. 

A quick test shows WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business working as expected now. Realtime Contacts updates from Google Contacts on the web in a browser to the phone also works perfectly now - something which never worked properly before. 

I wish Samsung would put all battery related app settings in one place. It doesn't make sense to have 2 separate settings that affect the same thing.  

Thanks a million @BrunoMoreno. This had been bugging me for a very long time now. 

0 Likes