Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly loosing connection on Whatsapp WEB when S21 Ultra is locked

(Topic created on: 18-03-2021 02:28 PM)
Lautaro Gatti
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I've bought a new Samsung S21 Ultra and i've been having this issue where i cant send or receive message in the whatsapp Web due to the phone "loosing" connection or something when its locked. 

It only happens when i lock my samsung, and its random, as sometimes whatsapp web works fine and suddenly stops working and i get the little time image on the messages, and all of the sudden it works again and all the messages get sent and i receive the ones pending. Also if i unlock my phone then automatically starts working again.

Has someone had this issue and knows how to solve it?

Thanks

28 REPLIES 28
Mirkinen
Explorer
Options

EDIT: this actually didn't work. It was probably wishful thinking...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy *****, this worked...

at least it is working now and for the last 15 minutes...

0 Likes
Zo_R
First Poster
Options

What part worked? 

0 Likes
Mirkinen
Explorer
Options

It didn't, sorry. it worked last night when I tried but today is not working anymore.

0 Likes
Heepo
Student
Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moz3u5ZbuuU

This one, starting at 3:20. Disabling the Adaptive battery alone didn't do anything, but disabling battery optimization for WhatsApp from Special access menu did the trick, atleast for me. Hopefully it works for you too.

0 Likes
hindraxxx
Apprentice
Options

I currently have no issue when my phone is connected to wifi...
but when i use mobile data and my phone is locked, i believe Samsung's OS disabling my mobile network so i can't receive any Whatsapp message and my connection to web is cut off..

did you experience the same thing?

0 Likes
Zo_R
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, non of what was offered here helped. from day 1 works perfectly on Wifi, when on Mobile Data the whatsapp web blocks all communication to device. tried the Samsung CS here in Israel they do not acknowledge this issue and refer me to Whatsapp. It is something so basic. so far rather disappointed from the S21 Ultra even when comparing it to my old phone OP5

0 Likes
Thomas_lad
Journeyman
Options

Did anyone ever get a satisfactory resolution to this matter? i have only just got an S21 ultra and this issue is already annoying me greatly

0 Likes
Mirkinen
Explorer
Options

No. I ended up using wifi and the problem disappeared.  But on mobile, it doesn't work. 

Thomas_lad
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for coming back. I don't have that luxury in work where I mostly use WhatsApp Web. Hopefully Samsung pull their finger out soon and sort the issue with an update
0 Likes
Members_IHMLGMY
Apprentice
Options

Hello - I have tried all the above regarding battery optimisation etc - and called Vodafone, who weren't particularly helpful.

In the end I have had no option but to return the phone and cancel my contact under the 14 day cooling off period.

WhatsApp Web is my primary business communication tool, and Samsung seem to be unresponsive in responding to this issue