Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly loosing connection on Whatsapp WEB when S21 Ultra is locked

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 11:15 AM)
Lautaro Gatti
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I've bought a new Samsung S21 Ultra and i've been having this issue where i cant send or receive message in the whatsapp Web due to the phone "loosing" connection or something when its locked. 

It only happens when i lock my samsung, and its random, as sometimes whatsapp web works fine and suddenly stops working and i get the little time image on the messages, and all of the sudden it works again and all the messages get sent and i receive the ones pending. Also if i unlock my phone then automatically starts working again.

Has someone had this issue and knows how to solve it?

Thanks

28 REPLIES 28
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
I've been reading the information on WhatsApp, and what I can work out, is you only use WhatsApp Web when linking another device , so I have never used WhatsApp Web before so sorry 😞 I'm not sure how it works but maybe someone else will be able to help you
0 Likes
Mirkinen
Explorer
Options

I wrote multiple post on XDA forum and even them can't figure that out.

To me it looks less a problem with whatsapp and more with the battery management from Samsung that prevent apps from sending too much information when screen is locked.

This happens on whatsapp and whatsapp business as well which is a pain as I manage my customers there.

0 Likes
Marcusm18
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue........... Need serious help

0 Likes
hindraxxx
Apprentice
Options

I am having this issue as well (exynos), multiple users on reddit are also having this kind of issue https://www.reddit.com/r/whatsapp/comments/ll7tcx/infuriating_issue_with_whatsapp_web_and_s21_ultra/

EDIT: you can fix this issue by turning off adaptive battery on the setting 

Mirkinen
Explorer
Options

Mine is already off so that's not the solution. 

0 Likes
Lautaro Gatti
Apprentice
Options

Well, the issue stopped happening all of the sudden. For what I could find out, it has to do with new phones and the period when the phone is calibrating the new device, apparently it overrides the user preferences until it gets the battery charged and discharged a few times, so even if you have all the settings to not let the phone stop running apps in the background, it overrides this and stops the apps running in the background. After a few charged and discharged batteries the problem with whatsapp seems to have stopped. 

0 Likes
Lautaro Gatti
Apprentice
Options

Well, back into this issue, it looked like it was solved, but im having the issue again now, so i dont know how to fix it... i have to unlock my phone to get the whatsapp web responding in the computer again, otherwise messages dont come or go... this sucks.

0 Likes
Zo_R
First Poster
Options

So I got my device a couple of days ago and have the same issue when the device is on mobile data. screen off = no WhatsApp web. and actually seems that it blocks the device from any notification if Whatsapp web is on. contacted the local Samsung CS they claim not to know the issue and that it's probably WhatsApp related. so to conclude, what is the solution in your opinion guys? drain the battery and charge + turn off the adaptive battery? 

0 Likes
Heepo
Student
Options

This one worked for my Whatsapp Web problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moz3u5ZbuuU