Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random moisture alert on s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 14-09-2021 10:11 PM)
siobhanw
Explorer
Options
Lying in bed for the past few hours and all of a sudden my s21 ultra has came up with the moisture in charging port warning. Im 110% sure theres not been any liquid near it any ideas why this would randomly appear and how to get rid of it port isnt wet and ive tried restarting the phone 
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Occasionally this is due to temperature changes around the phone such as weather conditions @siobhanw 

Condensation can occur.

It's not always due to direct water exposure.

It should clear up after 5 to 10 minutes but if not let a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre have hands on with the phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
My Note 9 second phone has had spells of this happening to it siobanw and it can be a pain can't it?. Sometimes a system reboot can cure thing but sometimes I have had to use my Wife's hairdryer to gently warm the charging port or even just left the phone somewhere dry until it is okay to power it again but sometimes this second method can take several hours. I would also gently check for any obstruction at all in the charging port as pieces of fluff can get in there and cause the problem not any actual moisture. If you insert something like a needle into the port you have to be very gentle with things.
The problem should not last too long but when it clears you may have to consider keeping your phone somewhere dryer but in my experience it doesn't seem to matter as this problem can occur anytime and anywhere but hopefully not too often for you.
I am convinced that there is a software glitch somewhere that maybe at least partly behind this problem though as following one update the moisture in the charging port warning came on PERMANENTLY on my Note 9. I had to buy a wireless charger to keep the phone alive. Then I had another software update several weeks later and following this the problem completely disappeared and my Note 9 and it's charging port were fine again?. Your problem should disappear quickly siobhanw and I hope it doesn't come back to plague you again which I feel it won't. Good luck. 👍 👍
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I agree to the part about cleaning the charging port. From my experience, debris, dust and dirt can cause that alert to pop up.
0 Likes
UserS21
Apprentice
Options

It is a software glitch. I started to have the same message after installing the last update last night.

SHAME ON SAMSUNG!

I am losing confidence on Samsung phones. The usb charger glitch is on many Samsung models, and they do not care to solve it.

0 Likes
Members_sAkLCGv
First Poster
Options

I have also faced these days this problem. I cleared the cache and the error went away, but the error keeps coming back after a couple of hours.

0 Likes