Hey everyone is ramp plus good 

If so shall I keep it on or turn off I use s21 plus 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
danx55
Voyager
Options
hi
is that the 4gb 6gb extra ram setting? i increased mine to max... but not noticed any DIY difference
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I don't have the option to turn mine off.
As my phone has 8gb dedicated RAM I chose to set mine to the minimum allowed (2GB) as I would prefer to have my storage freed up for normal usage.
Using storage as a ram dump/page-file would be slower than letting the propper stuff do it's job in any event (under heavy load, like gaming).
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
To turn it off, you just press the toggleScreenshot_20221110_210115_Device care_1000000832_1668114076.png
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
I had my ram plus on to 2gb but I wasn't sure if it'd a good idea
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Hi, thanks for the response.
Are you on the latest UI?
The reason I ask is because I don't have the toggle, I was under the impression I could only disable mine using USB debugging.
I think it can be disabled and enabled in the latest update but I'm still waiting on that being pushed to my handset (I returned my s22 and settled on a s21 FE).

In any event thanks for the reply.Screenshot_20221110-214324_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
Ahhha, I am yes. I'm on a S21 Ultra on OneUI 5. I didn't realise it was a OneUI 5 thing.

At least you'll get the option soon 👍🏻
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I do not think that Ram Plus  is necessarily needed for high end Devices, it depends if you are likely to be close to the limits- best to monitor.  However if you do not have One UI 5.0 Ram Plus can only be turned off via an ADB command.  

some testing has found RAM Plus reduced performances on certain devices,however there may be different experiences.  https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-ram-plus-phone-how-to-disable/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes