Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Video codec not supported" when it should be??

(Topic created on: 04-04-2021 05:10 PM)
Shredderson
Journeyman
Options
As the title says, some video files wont play because the "video codec not supported". Issue is, they are supported... the video file is exactly the same as other videos i have, all of which i have encoded with x265/x265 (x265 files are also HDR). I have multiple files that wont play, one of them is from a dvd source, plays fine in vlc, and the other, an hevc source in hdr. The hevc will play in vlc too, but not very well, which i assume is because its using the cpu, not hardware decoding. Its also completely broken in terms of colour, im assuming because its hdr and vlc doesn't like that?? Its basically just completely green. I would like the play these in the native video app. Whats causing this?? I never had this issue on my galaxy s8.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Would the 120 hz create an issue?
Try at 90 hz or something,.

Also play with the FHD, QHD etc and see if it makes any difference.
Also may be check for software app update in samsung store.
I am none the wiser but worth a try.
0 Likes
Shredderson
Journeyman
Options
The screen is fhd+ not qhd or anything. I dont see why 120hz would cause problems but i can give 60 a shot.
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Have you tried MX Player Shredderson?.. This brutal thing plays anything I have ever thrown at it??.. Not one 'video codec not supported' in sight. Ever. It is free but I bought the Pro version to get rid of the adverts. Well worth at least a look. Good luck regardless my friend.. 👍
0 Likes
Shredderson
Journeyman
Options
Have tried it, same issue as vlc. I have made another rip that seems to be working fine, maybe it was just a bad file?