Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Settings keeps stopping"

(Topic created on: 30-11-2022 11:24 PM)
Rodney5
Explorer
Options
Evening all.

My Samsung galaxy S21 ultra updated to Android 13 one UI 5.0 last week. Since then I've had an ongoing problem with modes and routines, specifically sleep mode.

I have a routine for sleep set for 11pm each night with grey scale and do not disturb, set to turn off at 7am each morning. It's worked like a charm for well over a year until this update. Now so not disturb works but grey scale does not, I have to turn it on manually.

When I go into modes and routines and click on sleep, a message appears saying "settings keeps stopping". If I click on the notification it goes away without giving further info and then I can activate grey scale. Any ideas what I can do to resolve this annoying bug? I've tried several restarts but no joy.

Thanks all 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AshP_
Options

Hi @Rodney5, I recommend having a go at clearing the cache of the Modes and Routines app. You can do this by heading to Settings > Apps > Modes and Routines > Storage > Clear cache (no personal data will be erased). 

If the issue persists after trying this, head back to the Modes and Routines app settings using the steps above and select 'Force stop' at the bottom of your screen.

Elijah Gunter
Apprentice
Options

Wanted to see if what the mod said works for you because I've been having the same problem on my S1 FE and I haven't found a solution - even after clearing cache. 

0 Likes
Sazzles
Journeyman
Options
My issues was that the alarm setting wouldn't turn off. Every day, the alarm would turn itself back on again and need manually turning off. I resolved this, by creating a new Mode and not using the pre-created Sleep mode.
You can't use a bed motif for the mode, and there isn't anything else that is all the suitable, but that doesn't matter to me. I have a mode that does what I need it to and most importantly doesn't insist on waking me up on my days off!!
0 Likes