Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

"already copied to clipboard" notifications all day long

(Topic created on: 14-12-2021 11:16 PM)
CarlosAutonomous
Explorer
Options

These notifications are driving me mad, I can't do anything on my phone without this message popping up.

Been happening since android 12, one UI 4.0 update. Got another update yesterday and hoped it would be resolved but is still happening. Seen others reporting the same (seems to be all s21 users with this issue) but not found any solutions.

Really hope it gets fixed soon.

35 REPLIES 35
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
When on the samsung keyboard
You can add the clipboard to show
And clicking on it
Will allow you clear delete
Items saved on the clipboard
0 Likes
CarlosAutonomous
Explorer
Options

Thanks but whether the clipboard has items in it or not I still constantly get the notification

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Try going settings Notifications
Recent sent
And see if can untick
Clipboard Notifications
CarlosAutonomous
Explorer
Options

I've had notification history disabled since nothing there but if I can't figure out how to turn them off for that app then I'm just going to disable bubble notifications (which I think is the type of notification I'm getting.) Thanks

0 Likes
SuperDude42
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here on my S21 Ultra since the One UI 4/Android 12 update, super annoying. These kinds of popups are not Android notifications, they are called toasts. Every time something is copied to the clipboard you get a toast saying "Copied to clipboard" or "Already copied to clipboard" when that string has been copied before already. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable these. They seriously interfere with the operation of some of my apps that rely on screen capture and these toasts are obstructing screen content. What was Samsung thinking when they forced these toasts on us? They are completely useless and are not part of Android 12, you don't get them on a Google Pixel device with Android 12, this is pure Samsung. I sincerely hope Samsung will revert this nonsense with an update soon.

CarlosAutonomous
Explorer
Options

Yup, super annoying and still didn't find a solution. They even pop up over videos when I have youtube, netflix, etc. in full screen.

They also appear no matter which keyboard (and hence clipboard) I use. I've tried samsung, Google and a couple of others.

I've cleared the cache partition on my phone which others have suggested (this was a pain in itself because since the update the usual method for booting in to recovery mode no longer works)

Really hoping for an update that fixes this soon too!

MistahK
First Poster
Options

I also have been having trouble with this and can't find a solution. The privacy feature "show alert when clipboard is accessed" does not control the toast.

CarlosAutonomous
Explorer
Options

Yeah, i also tried that too.

0 Likes
Mike B
Explorer
Options

Same here, S21/Android 12/UI 4.0.

Often during normal use but always when opening the cover I get the messages ' already copied to clipboard'. Extremely annoying.

In the privacy settings, keyboard notifications is turned off.

And by the way, why would my phone, all the time, would want to unattendedly store in the clipboard which is already there? Coud this not lead to vulnerabilities?

Please Samsung solve this issue.