Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick settings on lockscreen?

(Topic created on: 19-10-2021 06:54 PM)
illEez
Voyager
Options
Hi, anyone know how/if I can remove my quick settings from the lockscreen? 

I was a bit surprised they were there when I scrolled down from the screen top when it's supposed to be locked, and was able to change settings!

Searched online and the only answer to this question I found was from 2019 and is not applicable to the S21 series.

Had a look through the various settings on the phone and found nothing.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Jaysman
Pioneer
Options
I think you got to deselect Smart Lock 🔐 on the Lockscreen settings.
illEez
Voyager
Options
Thanks but its not worked.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@illEez: What Screen Lock Type do you have selected in Settings > Lock Screen? What settings were you able to change in the Quick Panel while the screen was locked? For instance, if you swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, and tap on the cog symbol in the top right, does this take you to your Settings menu, and bypass the lock screen? 

illEez
Voyager
Options
PIN entry lockscreen. Most tabs required my PIN, but I could toggle the sound settings off, turn off sync, the eye comfort shield, dolby atmos, switch the torch on/off, dark mode, sensors off/on, auto rotate, always on display, live caption, the power button, edit buttons, change the quick panel layout section...

Is there a way to hide the quick settings drop down menu completely on lockscreen?
illEez
Voyager
Options
I'm just off a 'Live Chat' with Samsung support staff' and apparently there is no option to hide the Quick Settings menu from lockscreen, which is a little bit worrying given the amount of things that can be changed either accidentally by your kid for example or someone unscrupulous should you lose your phone.
0 Likes