Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality picture

(Topic created on: 01-06-2021 02:55 PM)
NB
Pioneer
Options
Four and half months after purchase of Ultra S21 I am still struggling to use cameras of my phone. They seem to have brain if their own.
Anyways, I have left it up to the phone to make decisions on its own. All I do is point and shoot... But today, I realised everything that glitters is not gold.

I submitted a good photo to Shutterstock, one of the best stock sellers globally for the professionals by the professionals.

All my photos got rejected. I realised that whatever happens in Samsung ultra remains with this phone. This phone is kind of illusion. Everything looks great when desplayed on it. Put it on another system, it reveals it truth.

Please see the rejection comments by Shutterstock.

"Focus The main subject is out of focus or is not in focus due to camera shake, motion blur, overuse of noise reduction, or technical limitations of the equipment used (e.g. autofocus searching, camera sensor quality, etc). Noise / Film Grain Content contains chrominance noise, luminance noise, sharpening noise, or film grain that detracts from the main subject."
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Links or actual, photos would be more helpful.

So People post mobile photos on there as well?

I've seen some Awesome photos posted here and elsewhere.

Also places like shutter stock require upload in certain sizes and dimensions and pixel and type.
NB
Pioneer
Options
I uploaded both. A screenshot and original photo.

Samsung claims enormous size photos. Shutterstock accepts minimum of 4 MB. An average photo by Samsung should qualify.
However, with RAW.. size is larger but remains unqualified due to same reason. I have worked with RAW for decades.. Samsung RAW is no different than JPGs in quality as specified by Shutterstock.
0 Likes
NB
Pioneer
Options
Here you go. I tried earlier but somehow didn't upload.Screenshot_20210524-124151_Contributor_27939.jpg20210522_190047_27694.jpg
0 Likes
NB
Pioneer
Options
Original photo and submitted photo with comments.Screenshot_20210524-124151_Contributor_27939.jpg20210522_190047_27694.jpg
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Out of curiosity, what would be your main subject here?
The tent or umbrella?
Also if shot with the main lens the aperture is I believe 1.8 which would give a shallow depth of field.
The 10x has 4.9 aperture and so would be theoretical sharper but will let in less light.

I believe shutter stock just gave an excuse not to accept it.

It seems a busy shot and as far as my knowledge goes they would need a clean shot with proper defition between a subject and background or tell a story depending on the theme.

So are you not happy with the shots once transferred to your PC?

Every site has a different way of rendering images unless you use a colour correction software on say your PC.

One think I would say is, either try Pro Mode or turn off scene optimiser if you want more control of the cameras.

NB
Pioneer
Options
The photos are original as shot. Never editted.
All settings are automatic. None manual. So all work and responsibility lies on Samsung S21U automatation system.

General landscapes or outdoors do not have a particular target. You can't shoot just water as a focus point in a landscape where there is a lake and woods at far end and scattered clouds with blue sky.
However, you can focus at a flower to highlight.

In this case, a tent has an embrella next to it for protection from sun and rain.

However, I am least worried about what is the centre theme. I am worried about how bad are their technical review and the quality of the picture. It feels like the S21U is a rubbish camera system and software. Please read their technical objections.
0 Likes
laeo57
First Poster
Options

Yes I also did not have a nice experience with this device specially with its camera I took three or four pics of my pets but there result was just average.

0 Likes
Christian 3676
First Poster
Options

I have the extact same problem. Submitted a large number of photos, every single one of them rejected due to "Focus" and "Noise/Film grain", yet they are crystal clear, both on my phone and on an UHD Microsoft Surface Book 2... I'm thinking the S21 is rubbish, as I've had the exact same problem on Alamy also. 

0 Likes