Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect battery feature s21+

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 11:36 AM)
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Hey eveyrone I wanted to know does anyone turn on protect battery charge up to 85%?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Yes, typically I do use the protect battery feature on my S21U.   

Obviously the S21 was released a couple of years ago, and i ordered  mine when it was in pre-order, January 2021... nearly 2 years old now.   Thankfully i am not a power user and a full charge still lasts me more than a full day... in fact 85% charge will also last the day, but with a little less margin at the end when I plug it back in. 

If I am planning a long day out where the phone is expected to be away from charging (if needed), then I might turn off the 85% feature the night before and give it a full 100% charge... just in case. 

From battery studies on Lithium Ion, it is best for the battery health to keep charge level between 30% and 80%.  So if you can keep the battery from discharging right to zero, or charge it for prolonged periods to 100% then it can only be a good thing for the longevity of the battery. 

That being said the phone charging circuit itself will protect the battery to a high extent... i.e. it will not deplete the phone to a true zero... and protect the battery from overcharging at 100%.   But if you can avoid running it low then it would be a good idea.

Smiley :smiling-face:

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Thank you I usually charge it from 30% onwards to 100%
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I have tried the Battery Protect Feature out and may use it more often, I usually fully charge from 20% though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Oh ok has it helped the battery
0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
On my S21 ultra I use bixby routines to turn on battery protect overnight and then off about 20 minutes before I'm going to unplug it in the morning, so i get the best of both worlds
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Thanks
0 Likes