Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of purchase imei

(Topic created on: 25-06-2021 07:20 PM)
Stevemitch
Apprentice
Options
Can anyone help please 😄 ? We bought 2 s21s from amazon and the imei number is not on the invoice. I have been told that Samsung will only repair the phone under warranty if the imei is on the proof purchase. Does anyone have any knowledge of this as amazon won't issue one with the imei 

Thanks 
Steve 
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yes, just downloaded and I still don't see imei number. Yes let me know how it goes.
0 Likes
Stevemitch
Apprentice
Options
Yes i can see that on our order too but when you download the invoice the imei isn't on ours ? Is it on yours?
0 Likes
Stevemitch
Apprentice
Options
Ah ok got you, will keep you posted 👍
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Thank you, I've had mine over 30 days. Amazon will need to look into this it's not good knowing you have zero warranty. For the price.
0 Likes
kkh786
Navigator
Options
Just spoke to Amazon UK after seeing this thread. They do not include the IMEI on any of their sales paperwork but they provide their own 2 year warranty I was assured. They would either replace or refund instead of trying to fix an issue. Better option for me to be honest. Hope that helps.
Current Samsung Devices: Galaxy S20+ 5G (Cosmic Black/128GB) | Galaxy Watch3 (Mystic Black/45mm Bluetooth) | Galaxy Buds (Aura Glow Silver)
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Hopefully they won't make you jump through hoops to get the refund or exchange. Saying that, I had a foot massager purchased from Amazon... it went faulty after like 10 months and I think the manufacturer wasn't easy to get hold of, one the obscure types. Anyway I contacted Amazon and they explained it wasn't in stock anymore so replaced it for a like for like new model without any messing around. I remember having to get them to arrange a courier to pickup the old one and then they sent a replacement. They seem to be good at dealing with faults after 30 days in my experience anyway.
0 Likes
kkh786
Navigator
Options
Amazon are great. I have used them extensively in the past. For example I had an expensive electric trimmer die on me after 18 months of use. It had one year warranty (so out of warranty) but Amazon replaced it no questions asked. I definitely choose Amazon aftercare over the shocking Samsung aftercare stories you hear.
Current Samsung Devices: Galaxy S20+ 5G (Cosmic Black/128GB) | Galaxy Watch3 (Mystic Black/45mm Bluetooth) | Galaxy Buds (Aura Glow Silver)
SabH
Explorer
Options

From what I've learnt, Samsung will not honour any Amazon/eBay warranty because you're not getting them from "authorised dealers". The paper trail needs to show that the phone went from Samsung, to authorised dealer, to customer. No warranty if anything goes missing. In the past, Samsung repaired my S8 just from looking at the IMEI but now they want full proof of purchase. On a similar topic, I contacted Amazon about a graphics card for its warranty information, and they confirmed that they will not cover anything beyond 30 days, unless you also buy their extended warranty with your purchase. Fom what I've heard, getting a product replacement is a smooth ride but it can get tedious if it's going in for repairs.

0 Likes