Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of purchase imei

(Topic created on: 25-06-2021 08:04 PM)
Stevemitch
Apprentice
Options
Can anyone help please 😄 ? We bought 2 s21s from amazon and the imei number is not on the invoice. I have been told that Samsung will only repair the phone under warranty if the imei is on the proof purchase. Does anyone have any knowledge of this as amazon won't issue one with the imei 

Thanks 
Steve 
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If you check your settings in about phone, the imei should be in there :). Or you can search imei in the search bar in settings.
Stevemitch
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the help but I've got the imei its just not printed on the proof of purchase and samsung won't repair the phone unless the imei is written on the proof of purchase
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Oh, even though you have the imei? That is quite strange lol. Maybe if you ring Customer Services or ask in an Online Help Chat, I'm sure they would understand, even if the imei is not on proof of purchase :).
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Also, if you can please click the three dots on my comment and select 'accept solution', it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 😁
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I bought mine from amazon. My proof of purchase is just in my orders from amazon. It doesn't show imei number on there. Only the phone settings and I think the box. I've also bought from Samsung. My email of receipt does not have the imei number either. Only the model number of the phone.
Stevemitch
Apprentice
Options
Thanks fiona , I'm a bit worried as my wife had an S9 and she had a problem, took it to samsung store in Liverpool and they wouldn't touch it as it never had the imei on the proof of purchase even though it was in warranty . Now we've got potentially the same problem on 2 s21s bought from amazon as they don't have it either. Trying to get amazon to put it on but they are being difficult. Hopefully if you have bought from Samsung before and its not on their PoP it might be alright,
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hold on I've just looked at the pdf receipt that you can download from that email, it does have the imei number for the note 20 ultra on there. Now I concerned as with my S21 ultra purchased from amazon also. I also do not have that imei number. So if Samsung isn't willing to do anything I would contact amazon. That's not good to know at all.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I've just been on amazon, if you go to your order click on it you will see download invoice. It will have your imei number when you download.
0 Likes
Stevemitch
Apprentice
Options
Yeah its a bit worrying and sorry to put a downer on your Friday. We are in contact with Amazon and I will let you know how we get on ..we can still send ours back under 30 days purchase terms...our nationwide insurance won't cover it either without the imei
0 Likes