Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Problems after 1 August 2022 update

(Topic created on: 15-08-2022 07:43 PM)
21ultra
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Has any one noticed bad battery life and network and phone calls being a problem.after the last update
I noticed more or less straight away that my battery 🔋 was draining faster than normal affair the 1st of August security patch / update .
My calls are really bad .
It's like the mic has been turned off I had to call my wife back 3 times and then just fave up .
Is anyone else having this problem...???
16 REPLIES 16
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Try wiping the cache partition of the phone and that may resolve the issue. Just search 'how to wipe cache partition S21' and follow reliable tutorials. Hope this helps! 🙂
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

The update on my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra hasn't caused any negative issues @21ultra 

It could be one of your apps which isn't fully optimised since the update.

Try > Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If you can run your phone from 100% to 15% battery and then look in your Battery and Device Care Section and tap on Usage Since Last Charge that should bring up all the apps that are using your resources.

This should hopefully highlight an app that is maybe using your battery heavily.

Also look at the top status bar to see if signal is OK as weak signal can cause battery loss due to the phone working harder to maintain connection.

If you screenshot the section showing your usage also using the scroll capture option to show All the apps including the phone's top information bar that shows network signal etc we can take a look for you.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

0 Likes
Faisal5
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Same problem in Samsung S20 FE did you get any solution to fix this issue 

0 Likes
Skybiz
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
And run Good Guardians Galaxy App Booster
0 Likes
aharkin
Student
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

why did i not get this update as last update i had was back in 2021 yet when i clicked on system update it states i have latest version?

thanks in advance

0 Likes
Sjaaakie
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

My note 20 ultra 5g has serveren connection problems data and Phone, samsung dit not have heard from any problems they say.

They let me do several restarts and let me operate in save mode.

No solution till now

Rgs Jack

0 Likes
Pyro1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I am having the worst problems of all... After the update, I can no longer call out! I try to make a call, and it immediately hangs up. When someone calls me it says I am not registered for voicemail. Will not ring to my phone. I have taken this to AT&T and they say the phone is working fine. It registers on the network, and should be able to take a call, but the phone will not. They even switched out my SIM card for a new one, and it still will not call out.
I can receive text messages and use other data services; just no phone.

Shinners23
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I updates my Zflip last week and the battery is literally draining before my eyes, in reading this forum for the last 3 mins it has gone from 23% to 14% - I have nothing else open on the phone. 

When I charge it the outer screen (flip) gets really hot too. Hope they fix it quickly - its a nightmare 

0 Likes
PeterGosling
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I got another issue that's not mentioned here.  I have had since the last update no or very infrequent functionality with my Fingerprint Sensor.

Currently I'm on my first entire factory reset and re-install, this is a work phone and I'm not sure how to address this other than I can't even delete the fingerprints from biometrics in order to disable as it keeps giving me the error "Fingerprint sensor has stopped, if this keeps happening reboot your phone".  I've done so about 10 times now and still nothing ... this is a phone I use full time at work and home every week.

Biometrics security patch Update version is Fingerprint 6.0.0.9
I'll have a good half day of on and off issues but mostly functional use of it, then it'll cop out but now it's just buggy as hell.

0 Likes