Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SIM

(Topic created on: 26-04-2023 05:36 PM)
SP73
Pioneer
Options
Hi, I have an S21 5G, and whilst I was using the diagnostic tool it informed me that Sim1 was OK but there was an issue with Sim2 and that action was required. I only use Sim 1 and don't have a Sim card in Sim2. This is the first time it has said there was an issue. So my question is why is saying I have an issue now? And how do I get rid of it?
16 REPLIES 16
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
Could be a number of reasons that SIM2 is experiencing issues, there could be debris in the slot, it could have failed, if your bumped your phone it could have caused a issue inside, the best thing you could do is a factory reset after backing up your data, if the issue persists then contacting Samsung for a repair
SP73
Pioneer
Options
Hi, thanks for your reply I'll try what you've advised and see if that thanks.
0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
I have this too it seems be app bug on there end and not a problem with say phone.
SP73
Pioneer
Options
Hi Cody, thanks for your reply.
0 Likes
somesang
Pioneer
Options
Rest assured its not your sim thats a problem .I have had just checked mine after reading your post.it is also showing me that error.samsung needs to sort this mess out ! As I can't even charge my phone properly!!!!
SP73
Pioneer
Options
Hi somesang, thanks for your reply it's a relief to know it's not a problem with my phone.
sonic64
Explorer
Options
Mine is the same. I only use sim 1. The sim 2 says empty, but the dual sim that says always on is greyed out, and the data switch is turned off and greyed out. , but the diagnostic tool says action needed for sim 2. No idea,Hasnt the Samsung members had an update, maybe its that ??
SP73
Pioneer
Options
Hi sonic64, thanks for your reply. A few people have replied to say they have the same issue, so I guess we don't need to worry about our phones as it appears to be the app.
cavellix
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, mine is also showing up as something wrong. Never had the problem last time I did Diagnostics so it's no doubt appeared with the last Droid update 🙄