Go to solution Solved

Problem with echo on call S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 07:57 AM)
RuShY
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,
I have a really weird problem.
Since last week, shortly after I updated my phone, I have had complaints from people I call to, that they hear themselves talking to me, an echo of them voice.
I have the phone from February and before that I did not have such a problem until last week.
I shook myself in various forums, but I do not find a similar problem and its solution. Please help, because it is terribly annoying. As a primary solution, I have reduced my microphone to a minimum and so the echo is very weak and almost invisible, but from the other side do not hear me very well.

☆ SamSung S21 Ultra ☆
Go to solution
139 REPLIES 139
Hitch12
First Poster
Options

Seems to be only on calls. Messenger worked fine. 

0 Likes
Justworkdamnit
Journeyman
Options

Mine is opposite.  It ONLY happens when I have people on speaker phone.  Goes away when go back to holding it like a phone.

Justworkdamnit
Journeyman
Options

My apps are up to date and I am unable to use speaker phone (how I do 90% of calls) because of this issue.  The people on the other end have severe echo.  Tap speaker off and instantly gone.  Phone is worthless to me because of it.

Justworkdamnit
Journeyman
Options

Has to be software as mine is exact opposite across the board but still equally annoying.

0 Likes
Pamela17
First Poster
Options

I'm having this issue, when they hang up to try again then I can't hear them at all. I've had my phone since spring 2021 and didn't have this problem. I cant get a different phone 

0 Likes
Taylorpav
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same issue. Doesn't matter if the call is incoming or outgoing.

0 Likes
Reta521
First Poster
Options

Mine is the same. When im on speaker, the other person hears an echo. I've tested it with at least 5 people, all different types of phones. 

Moneymaker0886
Explorer
Options

Actually it depend whit what application your doing voip calls. I am using samsung s10+ and I have the same echoing issue. Samsung should fixe it. When using Fongo application, I need to turn the speaker ON to kill the echo completely. But if I am on TEXTNOW application, the only way to get rid of the echo is by plugging in a pair of headphone because turning the speaker ON will make my voip call worst with textnow. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

For those of you experiencing this issue, can you try heading to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Mic, and follow the on screen instructions. Is the issue present during these tests?

0 Likes
Justworkdamnit
Journeyman
Options

This dis not help.  When using the diagnostic tool the mic is fine.

However, if I am on a cellular or wifi call and I turn on speaker phone the person on the other end is subjected to a bad echo.