Go to solution Solved

Problem with echo on call S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 29-06-2021 09:36 AM)
RuShY
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,
I have a really weird problem.
Since last week, shortly after I updated my phone, I have had complaints from people I call to, that they hear themselves talking to me, an echo of them voice.
I have the phone from February and before that I did not have such a problem until last week.
I shook myself in various forums, but I do not find a similar problem and its solution. Please help, because it is terribly annoying. As a primary solution, I have reduced my microphone to a minimum and so the echo is very weak and almost invisible, but from the other side do not hear me very well.

☆ SamSung S21 Ultra ☆
139 REPLIES 139
Jackie68
First Poster
Options
I have problem when talking to people they can hear themselves talking back.
g3gwendolynn
First Poster
Options

I am also having this issue AND my speaker phone doesn't work because they can't hear me on their end when I turn speaker phone on through my end. Love the phone except some very annoying kinks... those make me want to send it back 😔

0 Likes
Mtemplet
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. I hope they fix it soon👍

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I have echo on calls too but only when VoLTE is enabled. When I disable VoLTE the echo goes away! 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
GooglyMoogly
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I only got my phone on Friday 2nd of July and I tried literally everything mentioned in this article but the echo is still loud and clear. 

I'll be returning the phone to seller tomorrow. I'm sorry, but I feel like Samsung has gone down recently quality-wise. They're not the superior smartphones they once used to be. We have now a phone that can't be used as intended. I know that using earphones or loudspeaker "fixes" the issue, but that's not the point, I will not always carry bluetooth earphones, nor do I want people around to listen to my calls. I'm very dissapointed to say the least.

0 Likes
Tim7
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I’ve seen that this issue has been affecting S20 and S21 users sine late 2020. Does seem to be related to an OS update.
For my daughter, the reboot in safe mode… and then reboot again resolved the issue for a couple of days, then it came back. Then reboot in safe mode, and then again, and it’s been ok again… for a few days at least. I’ve looked for a permanent solution, so far with out success. My other daughter is due an upgrade soon.. I won’t recommend another Samsung. 

0 Likes
Sh0wty
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with echo's during calls (speakerphone, headset, and standard).  I followed advice here where I updated all Galaxy based applications (Via Samsung Galaxy Store) > Rebooted device.  

Since then the issue has not come back.  Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Lcoffman
First Poster
Options

I am having a similar problem but the solution doesn't work. Will there be an new update?

0 Likes
peterthegreat71
Explorer
Options

Had it for a month now and it's a known issue. Samsung should know this too. I work on the breakdown service for mobile devices at one of the largest providers in the Netherlands and they know that this has been the problem for a while and that samsung still has no solution

0 Likes
Lonsy21
First Poster
Options
I've recently had the issue and think I've fixed it. Do you have your call volume set to max? Try turning it down only by a couple of presses. Think it's feedback from the earpiece to the mic picking up the person speaking if that makes sense. It's worked for me anyway.
0 Likes