Did you mean: 

Pricing

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 02:09 PM)
ZníC
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20220411-134902_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220411-133919_Chrome.jpg

 Went to order a charger and case for my new Samsung s21 fe - thought logging into my student account might get me a discount or free delivery but the pricing for all accessories completely changed for my student account. All accessories went up in price - how does it make sense to charge students extra for the exact same product. Discriminatory pricing?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I just don't think the Samsung website and system works well with discount sites.

For example, when the S22 ultra was released... my work corporate site was offering an extra discount. It stated an extra 10% taken off the cost of phone.

I thought great... and did some price checking.

As expected, the phone was discounted by 10% and reducing the price by £132.90.

However the trade in value for my previous phone dropped from £580 to £390. This meant less trade discount by £190.

So actually through a discounted website such as a corporate cashback portal, it actually would have costed £57.10 more.

The moral of the story... do some price checking and order the cheaper of the options available to you. You may find the current prices on the website are already discounted... and the student discount actually works out to be more... even with an extra % discount applied.

Kind regards
Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite