Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-order discount code - not working

(Topic created on: 17-01-2021 08:56 PM)
MisterMints
Journeyman
Options

I received a £50 discount code from Samsung to pre-order from the S21 range of phones, but when I've come to try it, it doesn't work!

As far as I can tell this is a personal code, and a one time use only code. I haven't shared it with anyone, and I haven't pre-ordered the phone yet so I don't know what is going wrong.

I've tried Samsung's live chat but the bot doesn't understand the problem and there are no real people available to talk to.

Any ideas?!

24 REPLIES 24
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

@SachikoT 

Can I have a £50 voucher code as well please 😃.   I am a big Samsung fan, and spend a lot of money on various devices from your portfolios over the years. 

I don't really see how it can be seen as fair to offer discount codes to some people, and not others.  How is that a good customer retention strategy for the Samsung brand ?  

Earlier this afternoon I was just about to click to pre-order the S21 Ultra (true story), at a cost of £1199 although as i went through checkout I noticed that you have dropped your trade in price for my Galaxy S10+ by £50.  I checked this last night and it was £400... now it has reduced to £350 ! 😠.   Your £50 voucher would likely make up for this !!

p.s. I am not trying to be funny by my comments, but I honestly don't see how it can be deemed as fair... to offer some and not others a special offer code against the purchase. 

Kind Regards

Smiley 😃

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
omario0343
Explorer
Options

I got a 10% code. 

Works out saves me £100+ of pre order

0 Likes
omario0343
Explorer
Options

I have a 10% discount code to use towards pre order. Saves you over £100

0 Likes
MisterMints
Journeyman
Options
@smiley True! I was initially offered £380, now £350.

If I go through my company's partner portal I apparently get 15% off the price, but only £210 trade in value!

It makes no sense
0 Likes
Spirit979
Navigator
Options

When I ordered an S21 yesterday and went to trade in my S10, the price dropped £15 while I was doing it ! 

0 Likes
MisterMints
Journeyman
Options

I've sent them a message, but so far no response. Any chance you can give them a nudge?

0 Likes
J4SON
Apprentice
Options
Hey, i too have had the exact same happen to me. My S20+ 5G dropped trade in value by £90! ive still got the screenshots to prove it.

i was considering buying the S21 ultra 5g 128gb only to find the next day they dropped the value. so dissapointing...was comparing against the Mi 10T pro from Xaomi
0 Likes
Speaky
First Poster
Options

This has happened to me also

I tried to get in touch via online chat and they said someone would call me....  no call

Then I tried to get through on the phone, it mysteriously disconnected the first time, and then the second time without even asking for the code I was told it was a spam email!

It seems like no one has the time to help once you have placed your order!

0 Likes
MisterMints
Journeyman
Options
I got hung up on when I called them too, never the reason I came here looking for help. The phone support team really are dreadful
0 Likes
Adam777777
First Poster
Options

Hi

Do you mean you have one to share?  I am hoping to buy the ultra today

0 Likes