Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Power button update s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 20-07-2021 02:14 PM)
Oxopari
Apprentice
Options

Hello

This morning I updated my s21 ultra to the latest update (version R I believe). Up to the point I confirmed the update the power button on the side of the phone was working normally. Directly after the power button was no longer working.

I'm not sure if that's something that's possible but the phone was sat on its own while it updated and the install and download completely successfully. It had over 80% charge at the time of update.

I'd like to know if there's any way to fix this because I can't turn the phone off of lock screen and I worry that once it powers down (if it discharges to 0%) then I won't be able to turn it on at all.

I currently have an app that let's me lock and restart the phone but I'd like the power key back.

Any ideas will be very helpful!

Thanks,

Tom

:Update: my phone is now crashing every so often when I use it. The screen will freeze and the phone will become non-responsive for a minute before rebooting. 

7 REPLIES 7
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try booting your phone off by long pressing the Power button, (20-30 sec's). and then boot in to Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition as per the video...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Oxopari
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the reply but the power button is non-functional and I am unable to long press.

I will try to after I've finished backing up my phone memory 

Managed to boot into the menu that allows the cache wipe but unable to use power button at this point so unable to select options. Also, I am now stuck in recovery mode and unable to access phone. 

0 Likes
Solution
Oxopari
Apprentice
Options

Hello, 
I've since done a soft reset using the power keys (it was odd that the power key worked to turn the phone on and reset but wouldn't whilst in the phone or recovery menu). After the reset the power key seems to be working again. Thank you for your help :smiling-face: 

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Glad you have got it sorted. 😁

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Al-Fenomeno17
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have the same issue. Can you please tell me how you did the soft reset? Thank you. 

0 Likes
jaysonloresto
First Poster
Options

Hi, I want to know how you fix your power button because right now its not working after I restart my phone, I hope you could help me for this. Thank you 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @jaysonloresto, I'll be happy to help you with this. What are you experiencing when you try to restart your phone?

0 Likes