Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Poor sound quality S21 Series

(Topic created on: 28-04-2021 04:55 PM)
Quaid87
Apprentice
Options

I upgraded recently from the S20 5G to the S21+ 5G and I noticed the audio volume in all apps is distinctly lower than the S20 5G even on maximum volume. I rang my provider and they said they thought I had a faulty unit.

I exchanged it for the S21 Ultra 5G and it's the same. Is the audio volume level just lower on the S21 series or am I doing something wrong? I don't mind it being a *tad* lower, but it's around -12dB lower which is massive. 

My wife has the S20 FE and her volume is much louder and also much clearer.

As far as I'm aware my settings are exactly the same on the device as they were on my S20 5G but I'm kinda hoping I'm doing something wrong or there's a setting I need to tinker with because frankly I'm really disappointed that upgrading and spending more money has apparently gotten me a considerably worse device.

I've had to install a volume amplifier app just to get the level to be even remotely close to my old device.

11 REPLIES 11
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
That's strange, I've got the S20 Ultra and S21 Ultra and speaker volume wise, they're about identical.
0 Likes
Quaid87
Apprentice
Options

Yeah I can't figure it out. There's definitely a massive difference in quality for me. As an audio engineer, it's really annoying that I can't work out how to fix it.

0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I don't know why it would...but is this on? Found in the volume settings

Screenshot_20210428-171056_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210428-171049_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
you have got your system control at minimum
0 Likes
Quaid87
Apprentice
Options

I haven't. Like I said, my settings are exactly the same as what they were on my old phone.

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Make sure Dolby Atmos is turned on and set to Auto.
0 Likes
Solution
Robwall
Explorer
Options
I had that problem as well when I first received my s21 ultra.. Samsung told me to do a soft reset and it solved the low volume problem.
0 Likes
Quaid87
Apprentice
Options
This actually worked. Amazing, thank you!
0 Likes
Gemmam4
Student
Options

I had the same issue but i think i have managed to solve it, go i to your settings, go to sounds and vibration then go to quality and effects once on there make sure the dolby atmos is on and set to auto but then click adapt sound, choose age group and away you go. I was messing with my phone trying to resolve this as it was so frustrating and this seems to have worked for me and my calls :smiling-face:

0 Likes