Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor quality Facebook messenger videos

(Topic created on: 13-05-2021 07:47 PM)
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all. When i send a short video through Facebook messenger or WhatsApp the quality is very poor, I'ts worse on messenger. I've got everything ticked for HD as well. Never had this problem on my Huawei mate 20 pro.

10 REPLIES 10
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Ive always had that issue, its down to their video compression, nothing to do with your phone.
0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

So how come the videos sent by my Huawei are far better quality ?

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Perhaps your Huawei records its video differently, different sensors, different compression, different post processing, this all affects how WhatsApp and messenger would compress the video.
0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

So My Huawei, my daughters Iphone, my sons phone which is some phone I've never heard of & a friends Xiaomi  all send good quality videos. I think It's more to do with Samsung.

Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
Is there anyway you can share a video here, nothing personal, that we go download and try posting on FB to see quality?
0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

I've got 2 videos to show you. It's filming my cctv with my Ultra. The video with the snow is the one i sent through messenger & the one at night I've just this min done to show you the difference.

0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

The videos don't seem to have loaded on here so below is a cpl of screen shots of my cctv being videod by my phone. the bottom photo is the quality i get if sending it through Facebook messenger.sc1.jpgsc2.jpg

0 Likes
wsad_dad
Student
Options

Hey guys any solution to this? My videos sent from Samsung Flip 3 (previously Note 😎 ARE FAR WORSE quality than any other devices, especially iPhone. While vids from other Android or ios devices are also compressed but acceptable, my videos - as viewed by others - are extremely poor quality. This is so annoying paying top dollar for a device that somehow cannot share decent video with others... 

0 Likes
JP26
First Poster
Options

Same problem here, with my old S9 it was fine but with my new s20 FE, it's worst.

Workaround : I've disabled HEVC in the video settings and it seems to help. You have to open your camera in video mode, click on the setting icon, then advanced video recording settings (something like it)

0 Likes