Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Quality Camera On s21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 08:33 PM)
Bt32
Voyager
Options
Does anyone else have pretty poor pics from the s21 Ultra? Pictures lack detail and just look bad, almost like a 4 year old phone. Really disappointed.
87 REPLIES 87
3Prcntr
Apprentice
Options

This is unacceptable. I tried everything, in every different picture mode possible. The best results I got are in 1:1, and it's still blurry as hell. I compared to my previous Pixel 3a XL and the 3a XL too much better pictures. Also, the 108MP (Cough*Bulls***) pics are SO big you cannot edit them on most software. It asks you to downscale. This is getting out of hand. Most TV is still shot in 720p, or if you are lucky, 1080p (usually upscaled). 4K does look great. It all looks great beyond that too. But it's unreasonable especially considering how impractical it is and how costly it is. Also, YouTube and 99% of social media apps don't even run videos at true 60fps, let alone above that. Hollywood still records videos at 23 FPS! I build PC's and there is a difference beyond 60fps, with the right monitor and settings, otherwise it looks TERRIBLE. These marketing gimmicks are getting overused. The phones don't need all this *****. If you can tell the difference between 480p and 4k on a 6" screen, you have ascended beyond eagle vision and the hubble deep space camera's and can probably see in X-ray too. What a joke. I am trading down for a year older Samsung Note, with a better camera. I don't care about all the other *****. Verizon doesn't report to credit. There is no point in paying so much money for a phone. The only reason to do this is for phone protection which can be had at $7 a month, not $15+. Nobody, I mean nobody, needs to upgrade this often. If you can tell the difference between running heavy loaded apps on a 2 year old phone with a decent chip, decent ram, and decent storage between the S21, then you probably work for Samsung Marketing.

Yea, I'm pissed.

Awkward_Smile7
Explorer
Options

Well said. People are blindly going with the crowd and praising this garbage of a phone. I sold mine off for a good price so i won't have to put up with this nonsense. Never buying a Samsung again.

0 Likes
SneakIrwin
First Poster
Options

I have the 21+ but same story-- I miss my S10+. They ditched everything about what makes a complete, quality camera in exchange for 64MP. What a waste.

Mac1231
First Poster
Options

Yes, I have had issues with the camera on and off. There was a period where pictures were okay and then it goes back to being awful. I am so disappointed with the purchase... should've gone with apple 

0 Likes
lendelbogdan
Explorer
Options

Agree. Worst photos ever. My Galaxy 8 took better pics.

0 Likes
Members_IrUYB2I
First Poster
Options

I have same issues. Can get a reasonable photo under ideal conditions in good lighting but even then the images are over processed. Using zoom is disappointing and low light shots are terrible. My 2 year old P20 Pro was much better.

jazzyboy
First Poster
Options
Thank all you guys for my sanity. Just had a brand new Ultra and some pics are just OK but the 3x zoom lens is producing poor images. Mine isn't as bad as some on here, maybe later firmware but it's still very poor for a £1200 phone. I did the reviews first and there were loads of rave reviews previous phone was Huawei P30 Pro and this is a step down camera wise. Previous to that I had an S7 Galaxy, the camera was superb on that phone! Decision made, it's going back!
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I hate the camera on my S21 Ultra too!

I get images that are out of focus and or grainy way too often. 😔

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Aguyinnyc
First Poster
Options

Terrible picture quality. It looks like Samsung is paying dxomark and YouTube reviewers to put up BS reviews? My pixel 5 is an order of magnitude more consistent. Half the time my pictures on the s21 ultra are over exposed or under exposed to blurry. What a scam. 

Ishar
Student
Options

***** ... Just got this piece of ***** .. my p30 pro was much more better ... crappy cameras zoom x10 is a joke, overheating constantly, battery is loading so slow what the he'll it is? 

0 Likes