Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Quality Camera On s21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 07:36 AM)
Bt32
Voyager
Options
Does anyone else have pretty poor pics from the s21 Ultra? Pictures lack detail and just look bad, almost like a 4 year old phone. Really disappointed.
87 REPLIES 87
Gionike
Voyager
Options
hmm..shouldn't be blurry. heres an example of a pic I just took in my house, just now, but I do have white light in the room. and it's pretty bright.

20210205_230257_20589.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-230357_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-230332_Camera_20591.jpg

0 Likes
Groovybunny74
Pioneer
Options
I feel ones I take of my pets look very artificial. They look good on good lighting but not so much indoor

20210204_132159_88452.jpg

Bt32
Voyager
Options
Yeah, detail is poor. I think that's the issue.
Groovybunny74
Pioneer
Options
Yeah definitel! I'm really hoping it can be fixed in an update
SimonTemplar14
Pioneer
Options
in lowlight the main sensor in particular has very aggressive noise reduction which smudges out the details and textures. camera's capable of putting out some really horrible night time photos. soft, smudgy and too much contrast so you end up with a lot of lost details 8n the darker areas of the image. really not fitting for a 2021 flagship device let alone one that costs nearly £1200.00. Got mine on Monday and still haven't put my sim inside because I'm really considering emailing Samsung to arrange its return. the daylight and indoor shots with some lighting are OK and better than my s10+ but the night time photos so far have been very poor. makes you wonder whether they actually test these devices before release. the snapdragon US version doesn't seem to have this issue. produces sharper lowlight photos albeit with more noise but that's better than what we get with the exynos. not sure I'm gonna wait and hope for updates to fix. too costly a phone to take a chance on.
very disappointed with the performance and something Samsung should be ashamed of. even my 4yr old s8+ does better. it's embarrassing. words fail you to describe how it could be possible that a flagship phone in 2021 can produce such smudgy oil paintings for night shots. Samsung should be utterly ashamed of this. either they fix this problem or just stop putting the exynos chip in their flagship devices. no point building a device with such advanced hardware and ruining it with a chipset that ruins such an prominent feature 9f the device.
Samsung needs to stop everything they're doing from a development perspective and just focus on addressing this problem with the exynos version's horrendous low light performance. it's a joke. 2021 device with 2016 night time photos. the words fail me!
Vetri
Voyager
Options
also I don't know if you have noticed while taking videos you could clearly see jitters every now and then regardless of the resolution it's set to, which has been a problem since s6 days. seriously Samsung? the only bright spot - super steady now supports FHD 60fps but again the final output shows the same jitters. remember this issue is noticed only in exynos version.
Turbo4
First Poster
Options

Glad it's not just me. I just got the phone yesterday, I'm extremely disappointed, 1199 down the drain. I'm going to return it and power up my s9+, better quality pics...

CULIC
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20210212-214246_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210212-214147_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210212-214051_Photos.jpg

Same thing  here...my 5 years old xiaomi almost takes  better pictures. If I could only return  this brick I would.

Ben_mapp
Explorer
Options
I've only got s21 but really disappointed my s10e took sharper pictures.
0 Likes
slapstick13
First Poster
Options

I have the snapdragon S21 Ultra. Very inconsistent camera. Some photos turn out amazing, others, actually most I'd say, turn out pretty horrid.  For indoor pictures, with typical kitchen/ living room lighting, I can get maybe  1 decent picture out of every 10 I take. Pictures of my kids/cats, forget it. They'd have to be completely asleep to get a semi acceptable picture. Blurry mess,  nearly every picture(yes, even with single take and burst  shots). Also, I can get amazing detail in macro shots of something that is still, like a flower or a plant, yet my kids faces look like plastic dolls with no detail even in outdoor light. Its as if the phone is taking raw pictures and forgetting to process them, or just smudging the heck out of them. I've reset camera settings and a bunch of other 'fixes' thinking I had a defective device/software issue, but have read plenty of the same story. Oddly enough, selfies look great!! Natural/no smoothed out skin tones. Id prefer the front facing camera to be on the rear instead of the 108mp sensor in all honesty! I love everything else about the phone, so much so that I'm willing to keep mine and just pray for enough updates to fix the camera/ processing issues. My old S9 takes 100% better pictures in almost every scenario. Even if the colors are oversaturated on the s9(Samsung did do a lot better with controlling the over saturation in the s21 series), the detail in photos is so clear even when cropping into a photo as opposed to the S21 which is just blurry and most photos have an unacceptable amount of noise.  And my wife has a Pixel 4a, a $350 phone that just absolutely smokes the S21 in the photo quality department. No shutter lag, consistently good photos, amazing portrait mode.  I don't know what they heck they gave to every youtube reviewer that managed to get great photos in all situations with the S21 ultra, but its not the same phone that I got. I'm actually exchanging my 128gb for the 256gb model which should be here any day so I'll come back here to see if its any different.