Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor battery performance on Galaxy S21FE

(Topic created on: 26-07-2022 09:47 AM)
Members_mcwjMT8
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I am using Samsung Galaxy S21FE for about a week now. Honestly, I have not seen any new device that performs so poor when it comes to battery life.

Yesterday, when I left for work the phone was 100% charged and I hardly used this phone in the office (mostly, I used social media apps during the commute). At 7:15 PM when I left the office, only 13% of the battery power was left. I am hardly getting SOT of 3 hours compared to 5-6 hours that I read in the reviews. The stand by battery drain is also too much. I am loosing 3-4% of the battery every hour.

I read in some posts that mentioned the battery improves after a couple of week's usage. Does it really improve the performance?? And if it really improves, does it give good enough battery backup which lasts until the end of the day?

What's the point of having a brand new phone when you can rely on it to last until you get back home. 

15 REPLIES 15
Andy3
Voyager
Options
I don't see how you lot get bad battery used. Try a factory reset or stop using your phones so much. Here is my battery life on my s22. My s10 was also like this. You spend way to long on your phones or you simply need to do a factory reset. Screenshot_20220727-160023_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Members_mcwjMT8
Explorer
Options

Hi, thank you for your response!

1. I also tried to install each and every app manually than copying it from older device.

2. In battery settings, it keeps on changing everytime so I don't have any specific apps that consume most of my battery consistently.

3. Did hard reset and cleared my cache partition. 

But none of it helped me to get an acceptable level of battery performance.

As you said in your post, I'll wait for a week or so to get my mobile settled. Will keep posted.

But honestly, this is totally unacceptable from a phone like this..

0 Likes
Members_mcwjMT8
Explorer
Options

@Andy3 wrote:
Because the 5g radio uses more power that's why. When you turn on power save mode this also disables 5g to save battery. You don't pay for 5g it comes as standard in phones and networks now. There is no charge for 5g.

All new phones are coming with 5G support and they perform better. Eg, pixel 6 too support 5G network and that gives pretty descent battery performance. I know pixel's screen refreshes at 90hz while S21fe at 120. But it's not just about SOT. Even standby battery drain is too high in S21fe. Samsung must fix this!

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
You must fix it your self.. A factory reset always works. Do that and 100% it will fix it. I bet you haven't ever factory reset it since you owed it even after the many many updates.
0 Likes
Members_mcwjMT8
Explorer
Options

Members_mcwjMT8_0-1658998769833.png

I think you missed the complete thread  dear friend :smiling-face: I already did a factory reset and cleared cache partitions, same result. 

0 Likes
Dandy__
Pathfinder
Options
Hi I have a tip for you maybe try to look there is a a forum called XDA developers and type there how to optimise battery on Samsung and you will have everything A to Z how to fix it thanks
0 Likes