Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor battery performance on Galaxy S21FE

(Topic created on: 26-07-2022 11:35 AM)
Members_mcwjMT8
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I am using Samsung Galaxy S21FE for about a week now. Honestly, I have not seen any new device that performs so poor when it comes to battery life.

Yesterday, when I left for work the phone was 100% charged and I hardly used this phone in the office (mostly, I used social media apps during the commute). At 7:15 PM when I left the office, only 13% of the battery power was left. I am hardly getting SOT of 3 hours compared to 5-6 hours that I read in the reviews. The stand by battery drain is also too much. I am loosing 3-4% of the battery every hour.

I read in some posts that mentioned the battery improves after a couple of week's usage. Does it really improve the performance?? And if it really improves, does it give good enough battery backup which lasts until the end of the day?

What's the point of having a brand new phone when you can rely on it to last until you get back home. 

15 REPLIES 15
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
New phones will initially go through a battery conditioning cycle. This will happen during the first couple of weeks.
Battery life can be a bit inconsistent during this time.
Also if you go into your battery settings, you can see if any particular apps or themes are drawing more battery life than they should be. Then you can take appropriate steps with those apps or themes.
Sometimes setting up a device, especially if you transferred data from an old device to new one can introduce corrupted data or Cookies etc that need clearing.
So doing a Partition Cache clear would be a good idea.
Hopefully your phone gets sorted soon
0 Likes
Weet nie
First Poster
Options

Get rid of the 2nd sim and use it as a single sim phone. It fixed the issue for me.

0 Likes
Members_mcwjMT8
Explorer
Options

I tried all these options. I see no Particular app that consumes more than 2-3 percent of battery. I did factory reset and cleared cache partition as well. It did not help. Same story. Standby  battery drain is still the same.

Members_mcwjMT8
Explorer
Options

I tried this. No significant difference in battery performance 😢 

0 Likes
dusty1958
Apprentice
Options
Mine is on charge all the time and it's only a year old no fancy apps just what came with it . Not impressed with the heap of junk
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Is it 5g? Disable 5g and the battery will last longer. Failing that factory reset
0 Likes
Members_mcwjMT8
Explorer
Options

Yes, I tried with 4G as well.. still the same issue.. looks like time has come to return this smartphone.. whats the point of switching to 4G when you paid for 5G?

0 Likes
Members_mcwjMT8
Explorer
Options

Totally with you... Not any fancy app user, not a gamer and still such a poor performance. Regretting spending so much money on this BS 

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Because the 5g radio uses more power that's why. When you turn on power save mode this also disables 5g to save battery. You don't pay for 5g it comes as standard in phones and networks now. There is no charge for 5g.
0 Likes