Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor battery life S21 Ultra no fix

(Topic created on: 24-06-2021 12:10 PM)
Yaryar94
Apprentice
Options

Hi!
So I've gone through all the possible settings guides, tips, cleared cache after every update, used galaxy booster app.
I also have the latest June update, really everything there is that can possibly help me get a better battery life (using FHD and 120hz which I won't give up).

Even got the phone company to provide me with a new Galaxy s21U since I've figured the first one was faulty.

After all that I still can't manage to get even 7 hours SOT (when I'm at home using WIFI no cellular data no Volte no 5G etc.)
Using standard apps like Whatsapp, Mails, Chrome , Facebook.
Usually I'm getting around 6-6.5 hours SOT and if I'm out of home using mobile data or god forbidden GPS, I'm getting around 5 hours SOT.

I really don't no what to do?! I've had an old Huawei Mate 10 Pro which had a 2 times better battery life.

26 REPLIES 26
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please post your battery stats. I suspect you have an app issue, not a phone issue. Poorly compiled social media apps and the latest Chrome are battery hogs.
jmcg90
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue. My battery has gone from 100 to 13 percent since 5am. All settings are lowest. Caches cleared. Apps in deep sleep. This phone should be able to last at least twice the time it currently does.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Your SOT is comparable to mine and I am quiet happy with it.

Bottom line is... I feel SOT is a bad indicator of battery like as everybody's usage, apps etc is different.

Also I have no Interest in reducing my 120hz, wqhd, 5g, always Bluetooth On etc to just get more SOT as I paid for a premium phone to use all the bells and whistles.

For me as long as the phone lasts all day I am happy regardless of the SOT.

I have kept everything on adaptive and let the phone decide.

Biggest Drains are obviously screen brightness, google services ( I can access Google voice with locked screen) Bluetooth with my watch etc. And I play around COD as well which drains quickly.
Another annoying one would be Facebook services.

I have learnt to appreciate my overall battery life and yeah there's is always the hope samsung could optimise it more 🙂.

I hope you find your happiness point with the phone .
Yaryar94
Apprentice
Options

You're saying that my SOT is comparable to yours and you have on 5G, wqhd, always Bluetooth on etc.

I have none of these things on but I still get the same SOT as you are, that's what I don't understand.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Like me maybe try most of the things default and on auto and see for a week if it makes a difference.

I feel sometimes if you tinker too much it messes something else.
Realistically one would have to be home whole day glued to their screen and literally do nothing else to get anything over 5 hours SOT .
If you are working or in school I doubt anyone would get that kind of SOT.
Unless that odd day you are at home on holiday or something.
For me 5g vs 4g and wqhd vs fhd doesn't make much difference as I tried those combos so leave it at those high settings.
I believe for most with good network range its negligible.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just post your battery stats as requested as everything else is just guesswork.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Hmm even intense gaming for most of it's on time my s21 Ultra gets no less than 6h sot with typical times ranging from 8 to 10h. I keep all settings enabled too, 120hz, adaptive refresh, 5G, WQHD+, Bluetooth etc. It sounds to me you have some bad applications draining. I'd say notably, WhatsApp and Facebook are notorious battery killers. Other than that, make sure your Google account, apps, services, mail, backup and cloud storage services are either all synced or disabled.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I get 8 hours sot on my 6.2 s21 and that's with everything on, there must be something running in background
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

I think you are not using facebook, whatsapp, twitter and other social media apps. 8 hours SOT is just impossible on S21 6.2 inch. I get 5 hours SOT max with all restrictions in place.

0 Likes