Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please insert sim card issue s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 12:53 AM)
IneptxPython
Explorer
Options
For some reason every other day I get an error message saying check that your sim is inserted properly and then my sim stops working, when trying to use data or anything sim related it says please insert a sim for network services as if it doesn't recognise its inserted.

When ejecting it and putting it back in it fixes it completely until the next day or some times later the same day. 
No water damage and no major drops at all.
I think it's a software bug since it works fine until something triggers it like some sort of auto sim refresh and bugs out after.
15 REPLIES 15
Mazzathegreatone
Apprentice
Options
Okay, will give it a go, many thanks!
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Welcome
0 Likes
IneptxPython
Explorer
Options
I can confirm in my case getting a new sim has fixed it (so far)
0 Likes
OTGT
First Poster
Options

My s21 Ultra started doing the same thing. I seen the issue more when placing it on a Qi charger and then randomly throughout the day. At least 20-30 times a day. It was so bad, at times I had to pop out the Sims Card Tray and reinsert it to make the phone recognize my sims card again. It was extremely frustrating. Verizon switched out the sims card that did not fix the issue. Best Buy was gracious to swap my sims card tray with no luck. I also did the whole clear cache, reset network and so on and nothing worked.  I finally decided to backup my phone and did a factory reset and for the last 2 days, it seems to be working fine now. Its a strange issue but hopefully this helps someone else with that same issue

Raj3iv3
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue after having my phone for just 2 months! I had a few run arounds to get it fixed with no luck. I had to send my phone back to samsung to get the issue resolved! it's now on its way back to me so when I receive it ill give an update. factory reset and a new sim didn't fix the issue on my end.

0 Likes
Delteis
First Poster
Options

For anyone reading this your device is most likely defective. I went to a local u break I fix and they used my samsung defect 1 year warranty to replace the sim card board.

Especially if you have or develop issues with your bottom speaker or issues with charging randomly where the phone says "check your charging port"

0 Likes