Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help :)

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 03:14 PM)
Gilgamesh1111
First Poster
Options
Hello. There is an unknown number (ends 038 on a screenshot) in my Mom's " about phone " section in settings. She is very worried and she is sure that someone is scamming her because of it. I couldn't convince her that it has nothing do with it and promissed to remove it but can not find how ... Help please :smiling-face:

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Rishi
Pioneer
Options
I think maybe you should take the sim tray out and check to see on the underside of the tray if there is a sim card
0 Likes
Rishi
Pioneer
Options
because the s21 is dual sim
0 Likes
Solution
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Gilgamesh1111, the Samsung phone reads the phone number originally assigned to the SIM card and if you are no longer using that number (such as when you've ported over your old number to use with the new SIM card) your phone will no longer know what number you’re are using. Your phone in this case will list your current number as 'unknown' or show the number originally assigned to the SIM card.

This information cannot currently be amended due to how the Android operating system registers a number to the handset upon first use. The issue may be resolved in a future Android software update, but until then rest assured that it has no effect on the device's functionality and it certainly doesn't mean that someone is scamming her.

You can try turning the phone off, taking the SIM card out, and re-insert it to see if that changes the number. 

Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
yeah it's either a case of dual sim or the fact that she had a number transferred from another provider to that sim, the phone will always display the original number belonging to it.

If its a major concern, please visit your local store (if you're on 3,ee, or or Vodafone at least) when they reopen or call them and ask for a replacement sim, you can always tell them the signal keeps failing on the original and they'll likely send one free.

hope you can put her mind to rest knowing there are solutions:)
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
hi Saud. I was wondering, everywhere you post it shows on my notifications list as NAR and then post deleted? what's that all about?
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Not sure what's going on there, I've dropped you a PM. Can you please reply there when possible? Thanks!

0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
I'll get right on it :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
haven't received anything. checked everywhere!

only got 1 pm if I go through the website, something about an astronaut rank? it doesn't show either yours nor my name though I'm assuming that's not it?
0 Likes