Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos Distorted

(Topic created on: 24-07-2021 08:48 PM)
ewanstewart
Explorer
Options
When I take photos, half the picture is a lot darker than the rest, it doesn't happen every time but it does it about half of the time. Any one else experiencing this?

Very disappointed as the S21 is not a cheap phone so I expect better quality than this.

9 REPLIES 9
steve0
Voyager
Options

do you see this on the screen while taking the photo or only when viewing the picture in the gallery?

ewanstewart
Explorer
Options
No, while the camera app is open all is good. Its only when viewed in the gallery or sent to someone.
0 Likes
steve0
Voyager
Options

Got no idea. There doesn't seem to be any settings to account for this. It can't be  the camera lens or imaging but must  occur post processing.  I would raise it with samsung-- they might get you to delete the system cache.-you can do that before you contact them to see if it clears it.  Someone  on the forum may have an  answer. What are your camera settings-- ie.  aspect ratio -108mp? Is it happening on main lens or zoom or wide angle or all.

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
This problem has come up on at least two previous occasions on this forum ewanstewart but if yours is happening in half your pictures then this processing glitch in your phone is the most severe I have heard of. Long hold the camera app logo till your options tray pops open and then hit the little (i) logo in the top right of the tray. Open the storage option and then hit the option to clear your camera cache. Then I would reboot your phone. If your phone is new I would take as many photos as you can to get your phone to learn good processing habits. This problem has appeared to clear eventually in many cases so good luck mate. 👍 👍
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I would also clear the cache on your gallery app too just to be on the safe side.. 👍👍
Lizziep08
First Poster
Options
Did you ever solve this problem ewanstewart? As I've had this problem with my first Samsung s21+ and now have had a replacement handset and it's happened again! My previous handset was sent off to Samsung twice who were unable to solve the problem and weren't helpful at all. 20210821_141437_31609.jpg
0 Likes
SKJ313
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same issue with my previous S21 and had it replaced on warranty. Today, the same thing happened with my replacement device. Really frustrating! Seems to be a problem on a totally random basis. 

I've had all Galaxy models from S4 up until S10 and for the first time ever I'm really disappointed with Samsung. 

0 Likes
Setheli216
First Poster
Options

I've been having the same problem since I got a brand new S20 5G in July (about 2 months ago).  It's really annoying because it's ruined several really nice shots.

0 Likes
ewanstewart
Explorer
Options
No it seems to be a problem no one can solve. Ridiculous considering how much the handset costs
0 Likes